Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
15 posts Page 2 of 2
@aleks, Couch v2.x has native support for manually reordering the pages - please see Manually reorder normal cloned pages section in the following post
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10241&p=24680#p24680

On the frontend, if are showing a list of pages and wish that listing to match the manually sorted order as displayed in the admin-panel, you'll have to use matching values for the 'orderby' and 'order' parameters of <cms:pages> tag e.g. as follows -
Code: Select all
<cms:pages orderby='weight' order='asc'>
</cms:pages>

Hope this helps.
This certainly helps! Thank you!

Even though you have shared the referenced post in 2016 it is not possible to find it via a search engine like Google. When I search for "Manually reorder normal cloned pages" it gives me a link to the thread we are currently in - https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9577. When I search for "Manually reorder normal cloned pages couchcms" it gives me a link to - https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10841. Do you get the same results when you search for these phrases?

I have noticed that most of the information about CouchCMS is shared in your release notes in "News and Announcements" section. But it has been incredibly hard to find the needed information via a search engine for some reason. Will it be possible to have separate keywords for each post on this forum? Or something similar that can help boost the search engine results.
aleks wrote: This certainly helps! Thank you!

Even though you have shared the referenced post in 2016 it is not possible to find it via a search engine like Google. When I search for "Manually reorder normal cloned pages" it gives me a link to the thread we are currently in - https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9577. When I search for "Manually reorder normal cloned pages couchcms" it gives me a link to - https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10841. Do you get the same results when you search for these phrases?

I have noticed that most of the information about CouchCMS is shared in your release notes in "News and Announcements" section. But it has been incredibly hard to find the needed information via a search engine for some reason. Will it be possible to have separate keywords for each post on this forum? Or something similar that can help boost the search engine results.

That's odd, searching with Google is easier than the forum for me. It allows me to use more key words like as you're doing. Are you including the dork
Code: Select all
site:couchcms.com "keywords to search"

If not give that a try, and you'll see a lot more search results I bet.

As for searching with the forum's search, you must be very specific with your search term, any miss-spelled words, or too many words and you'll not get any results. I have found the best way to find what you're looking for is to use two or three words that you know would be included in the post then if that returns too many add another word or two until you find it.

Now the real reason I made and an account and am posting...

I'm looking to implement threaded comments, and have tried using this viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9182&p=31350&hilit=threaded#p19209 in my existing template and have been struggling for the past few hours to get to it working right. Currently I have it submitting and showing comments like the one's shipped with Couch, but am unable to get the threaded / reply to a specific comment part working, so I'm too the point where I'm going to ditch those files and start creating it from scratch. Instead of wasting time trying this and that, I thought I'd ask for some input, since I see people asking questions for much easier and ridiculous things as I'm usually one to figure it out on my own without seeking help.

Should I use this feature in making this threaded comments system?

My thoughts are to set up cloned pages to hold the comments, with relations for each page the comment system is implemented on, along with relations for if replying to a specific comment. Then use this orderby parameter to get the "threaded" view.

Or is there an alternative?

Thanks.
Master of all trades. Jack of none
@nickisghosty, thanks for your post, it helps to believe there still exist people who try to figure out things without asking much around. Also you have a surprising area of interest :)

Consider moving your uploads folder outside of your renamed /couch folder (currently found at https://warezthe.download/ghosty_adm/uploads ).

As to threaded comments, you may try to pin point the moment the problem with saving a comment arises. It is not clear from your post whether you want some help on debugging and fixing it.
I haven't uploaded the current version of the website yet, I've got a lot farther on my local dev site I'll upload now if you want to give it a look. I was going to have threaded comments on each of the posts along with each members profile. help debugging would be sweet, but will have to be sometime a little later today or tomorrow, I'm a little too busy at the moment.

edit:
uploaded if you wanted to check it out now.
Master of all trades. Jack of none
15 posts Page 2 of 2