Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

The native commenting feature in Couch allows a visitor to post comments to a blog post (or other cloned page). The comments are listed in a linear fashion, ordered by the submission date.

As I am sure many of you have seen on other websites, it can be advantageous to be able to reply to other comments. This hierarchical arrangement can produce a more fruitful conversation.

I hope in the future we can add similar functionality to the native comments, but in the meantime, here is a custom implementation which uses the DataBound module. This requires 1.4.5RC1 or later.
threaded-comments.zip
(7.79 KiB) Downloaded 1084 times
Included are some snippets, an example blog template, and a comments template. There is also a custom admin screen for the comments template which mimics the native admin panel comments listing and moderation functionality. To enable this custom admin screen, place the following in your addons/kfunctions.php file:
Code: Select all
$FUNCS->register_admin_listview( 'comments.php', 'comments-admin-list.php' );
I simply had to create a mockup once I found these awesome avatars. Do ignore the fictional conversation :)
threaded-comments.png
threaded-comments.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 12882 times
Thank you very much, cheesypoof!
I made a quite similar implementation for one website via NestedPages (for a leveled view in Admin), but you solution is more powerful as I can see, with complete nice Custom Admin, so in future projects I'll certainly use it.
Great commit!
Great solution Cheesypoof! However I'm a little confused, as not using Bootstrap I have to style the comments via css and something strange is happening. As I apply the styling in the css file, for example
Code: Select all
.media {float:left;display:block;clear:both;margin-top:20px;}
when clicking on Reply button instead of autoscrolling down to the comment form , it's scrolling up to comments title: COMMENTS (<cms:show comment_count/>).
Why is this happening?
Nevermind, I got it working ;)
Cheesypoof, can you kindly show me or demonstrate to me how to weave the threaded commenting system into the current couch commenting system
Hi everyone,
I am pretty new to couch cms and implemented threaded comments instead of inbuilt one for our new site. Threaded comments are great. Now I want to show the latest 5 comments from threaded comments on another page.

I tried "<cms:comments masterpage='blog.php'></cms:comments>", but I am not getting any approved comments. How can I get it?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Arun Tomy
great module,

what about update for couch 2.0 / 2.1 / 2.2 versions ?
Hey, I would also love to implement threaded comments and want to know if this will work for Couch version 2.1? Everything about this CMS is amazing, and threaded comments are the icing on the cake!
8 posts Page 1 of 1