Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone.

The native commenting feature in Couch allows a visitor to post comments to a blog post (or other cloned page). The comments are listed in a linear fashion, ordered by the submission date.

As I am sure many of you have seen on other websites, it can be advantageous to be able to reply to other comments. This hierarchical arrangement can produce a more fruitful conversation.

I hope in the future we can add similar functionality to the native comments, but in the meantime, here is a custom implementation which uses the DataBound module. This requires 1.4.5RC1 or later.
threaded-comments.zip
(7.79 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Included are some snippets, an example blog template, and a comments template. There is also a custom admin screen for the comments template which mimics the native admin panel comments listing and moderation functionality. To enable this custom admin screen, place the following in your addons/kfunctions.php file:
Code: Select all
$FUNCS->register_admin_listview( 'comments.php', 'comments-admin-list.php' );
I simply had to create a mockup once I found these awesome avatars. Do ignore the fictional conversation :)
threaded-comments.png
threaded-comments.png (17.34 KiB) Viewed 2299 times
Thank you very much, cheesypoof!
I made a quite similar implementation for one website via NestedPages (for a leveled view in Admin), but you solution is more powerful as I can see, with complete nice Custom Admin, so in future projects I'll certainly use it.
Great commit!
Great solution Cheesypoof! However I'm a little confused, as not using Bootstrap I have to style the comments via css and something strange is happening. As I apply the styling in the css file, for example
Code: Select all
.media {float:left;display:block;clear:both;margin-top:20px;}
when clicking on Reply button instead of autoscrolling down to the comment form , it's scrolling up to comments title: COMMENTS (<cms:show comment_count/>).
Why is this happening?
Nevermind, I got it working ;)
Cheesypoof, can you kindly show me or demonstrate to me how to weave the threaded commenting system into the current couch commenting system
5 posts Page 1 of 1