Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Attached is a modified CKEditor V3 with SCAYT (Spell Check as You Type) enabled. I know that CouchCMS comes with CKEditor 4, but SCAYT does not work in CK4. I have also changed the skin to match Bootstrap.

All you have to do to use this is replace the folder in /couch/includes/ckeditor with the ckeditor folder in this zip file. Make sure you get the folder level with the contents proceeding the folder and not the double ckeditor/ckeditor.

Hope this helps everyone, SCAYT is an awesome feature and I wish they would get it to work correctly in 4, but it doesn't. This version has all the same functions that 4 has. The V4 skins do not work in V3, so those are not included.

This pack also contains all the skins and all the languages, you just have to uncomment and comment the needed part in config.js, the code is already there just commented out. :)

- Developernator

Attachments

Thank you very much indeed @developernator :)

You mentioned
but SCAYT does not work in CK4

I do not mean to contend your observation in any way so please do not take my comment otherwise, but I could get SCAYT working with the version of CKEditor (4.3.1) that ships with the current version of Couch by adding the following highlited two lines in 'couch\includes\ckeditor\config.js' file -
CKEDITOR.editorConfig = function( config )
{
// Define changes to default configuration here. For example:
// config.language = 'fr';
// config.uiColor = '#AADC6E';

config.language = 'en';
config.extraPlugins = 'scayt';
config.scayt_autoStartup = true;

// Uncomment the following line if your users tend to frequently paste in contents from, say, MS-Word.
// config.forcePasteAsPlainText = true;

For non-EN languages, the appropriate language needs to be set (details found at http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_h ... cayt%29%3F)

Hard refresh the browser to flush out any cached contents and now the richtext editor should spellcheck automatically.

Can you please try out the steps above to see if it works for you?

In closing, apologies again if I came across as negating your post. All your submissions are great and truly welcome. I simply wanted to state my experiences with SCAYT and CK4.

Regards
No worries :)

Hello, I was able get it going in CK4, but for some reason I had to download SCAYT plugin and over right the current plugin.

Thank you :)
Amazing! Thanks for sharing :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1