Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
13 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi,

I started to use Sublime text last week because I got totally nuts from typing "<cms: blabla" . In my search to ease this pain I found an auto-completions package called Sublime Better Completion https://github.com/Pleasurazy/Sublime-Better-Completion. Created a CouchCMS completions file ...

Now I have a much better/faster way to work, I only need to type pages and plop there is standing
<cms:pages masterpage='' >

</cms:pages>

It's quite neat although not complete (not all Couch Tags are in there yet) .. anyhow if someone finds this useful i posted the file here https://github.com/Tomarnst/CouchCMS-auto-completions.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Thank you, Tom. Seems to be a very useful thing.
Wonder if something like this is available for open-source editors too (like Notepad++)?
Hi KK,

I think, Emmet could be useful for this.

Greetings
Klaus
Thank you very much indeed, Klaus :)
Will check it out.
@KK .. sorry we have only mac's here, so no good open source alternative, and Sublime text has a unlimited trail.

@klaus .. I don't think Emmet is context aware.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Emmet works nice with Couch tags in Notepad++. Also a usefull tip for highlighting all Couch tags:
Open Options/Define Styles/HTML/Tagunknown. By changing this param all Couch tags will be higlighted.
I tried to make a custom selector engine for Notepad++, but the way above is better and more reliable
i make one like this for my sublime text, but only for top 10 tags. but yours looks almost complete. i love it.

i have done installing notepad++ on my debian wheezy under wine, cos i saw notepad++ syntax highlighting very usefull for my old eyes (consider sublime only have bracket highlight). i wanna ask about emmet, do i need to manually add couch tag on emmet?

or any suggest any editor on linux that have syntax highlighting like notepad++?

any suggest welcome.
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
@GoingMarryAsap, you should try http://brackets.io/.
@GoingMarryAsap, Emmet works out-of-box with all usual or unusual tags, just type 'cms:pages' and press Ctrl+Alt+Enter (default). If you have a new installation of Notepad++ you should free this combination in default Hotkeys or define your own hotkeys for Emmet.
@cheesypoof, Brackets looks pretty cool.

@GoingMarryAsap, for a more traditional text editor I use gedit on Linux. It's got syntax highlighting, search and replace, and other standard features, plus plugins that offer additional capabilities. The "snippets" plugin provides auto-complete functionality. There are a couple of other Linux-based text editors with similar features. It mostly comes down to personal preference.
13 posts Page 1 of 2