Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
If you use the code editor / IDE Atom from github then you'll love the time I spent adding the couch tags to the snippets to implement auto completion of couch tags.

If you'd like this too all you have to do is go to File > Snippets... in Atom, and paste the contents of snippets.cson located on my Github

All you have to do is start typing

Code: Select all
<cms:*

You must type the first letter after the <cms: for the list to show as the snippets are based on the word after cms: If you'd like to just be able to type that word and have it enter <cms: for you then in the snippets.cson find and replace the
'prefix':
and
'body':
lines

then you'll see the list of possible tags narrow down as you type more of the line. To select a tag press tab. and keep pressing tab for it to place the cursor in place of the parameters. Also has a few default parameter inputs just press tab to complete and if you don't like then delete and/or replace the default text.

Took me a few days, but was well worth it to speed up the time of developing. I just copy and pasted the documents into the description of each tag so that you don't need to look anything up it's all within the edior. Or if something is confusing there is a more button at the bottom of the description modal window which will take you to the tags docs page. Hope yall get some use out of it.

Enjoy.

If you add any tags or fix any mess ups I made, (I'm sure there's a few, I was in a hurry to finish the huge boring task) Either fork the repo and commit your changes/additions or post them here and I'll do that for you since I know git can be confusing if you're not used to it. w :geek: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Master of all trades. Jack of none
Is Atom any better than Brackets?
Instaling brackest now, Will let you know shortly
So in my opinion, brackets seems like the better software for the ui/ux but atom is better for productivity. like the auto complete / code hinting / snippets was much easier to implement in atom than the attempt i made at doing the same in brackets. just my opinion.

give atom a download and add my snippets and see for yourself which you like better.

I see myself using both. I see myself using brackets to design and using atom with my snippets to get all the backend/features implemented and tied together. if you know what i mean.

also trendoman since you're very well versed with the couch tags maybe when you get a chance if you could look over that cson file and make sure I didn't mess any of the tags up along with their parameters. It's pretty well organized in atom with each tag labeled with a comment and is foldable at the comment level and the tag level and the parameter level, I think i changed the grammar to json for that to happen though. no worries if you dont want to or have the time to completely understandable. e
Well, without looking deep into cson file I can say you have missed new tags and editables, documented in forum only (uid, mosaic etc).
Nice work, @nickisghosty. I happen to use plain old Notepad++ for all my front-end needs so won't be able to actually try things out.

A full list of Couch tags has been compiled by @trendoman -
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11953

Most of the newer tags can be found in viewforum.php?f=5 under the announcement posts for CouchCMS v2.0 / v2.1 / v2.2 beta.

Hope this helps.
Yeah I know I haven't gone thru any of the tags in the forum yet only in the documentation page. plan on doing those next.It's just a pretty big ad boring task so will probably be a few more days until i do that. but sweet thanks and @kk im sure you don't need to go back and forth between documentation while coding since you're the one who has documented pretty much all the tags haha.
@nickisghosty, aren't you adding docs to some template with cloned pages? It would help to export to various formats then. Otherwise, please also publish clean json for easy import.
@nickisghosty
@kk im sure you don't need to go back and forth between documentation while coding

You'd be surprised how often I have to do that :)
trendoman wrote: @nickisghosty, aren't you adding docs to some template with cloned pages? It would help to export to various formats then. Otherwise, please also publish clean json for easy import.

@trendoman
I have not done such a thing. If someone said they were doing that, you must be confusing myself with them. Only thing I've ever done to do with the couch tags and documentation are trying to integrate the autocomplete/code hinting in various different IDE's and have only been successful with Atom. Unless you are saying that I should do this, then what would the point to doing so be?

@kk
I could believe it, i've gone though the project's code a bit and it's pretty lengthy. I've coded a few programs in other languages such as C# and when I was coding, in no time flat l was forgetting what certain functions/methods are doing exactly(do to non existent comments labeling them) and having to either create a new function which does the exact same as another because I can't find it or having to search the entire file/files for the function. So I could see needing to read your own docs haha. I wish I could get past the initial feeling of being overwhelmed with trying to learn PHP but like C++ for some reason I just can't quite understand any of it. Someday.... hopefully...
10 posts Page 1 of 1