Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
This is a pretty far fetched idea. And I don't know if there is such a thing yet but possible idea?

I want to basically make a team section on CouchCMS, which allows me to drop notes to my team (sorta like a notice board) without it being published to the site. Or is there a way I can make it so they login don't have access to the main control panel of the site but gives them access into a section of pages on the site that no one can see outside of?

Also I'm after a submissions portal where my team can submit an article for reviewing which includes images (Rich text editor?) so this also either needs to be integrated into the panel or side site
If you need a separate admin dashboard with selected activities, then it can be built just like front-end website pages with restricted access. In my experience it takes some effort but it can be really cool - with custom charts, business analytics, tailored access for custom groups of users.. I don't know if it is worth an effort - such feature is popular in web apps with extensive user/admin area, - but if you think it is then start as usual with front-end design. I could maybe help with coding it.
Adding to my post - dashboard sample was presented with source codes in Advanced Tutorial - https://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced- ... index.html This tutorial helps toward perception of the concept of dashboard, but I should mention that custom routes addon used in tutorial is not very much required, dashboard can be built as simple as without custom routes.
trendoman wrote: Adding to my post - dashboard sample was presented with source codes in Advanced Tutorial - https://www.couchcms.com/docs/advanced- ... index.html This tutorial helps toward perception of the concept of dashboard, but I should mention that custom routes addon used in tutorial is not very much required, dashboard can be built as simple as without custom routes.

Amazing! I am actually running a game review website i've given the front pages etc rough workings and it all works for the moment but i'm running a beta section which where I hope that I can make a nice looking website with back ends for the team and back ends for me personally (And super admins)

So basically the format goes

Super Admin -> Access to EVERYTHING

Reporters -> Reports panel where they can submit their reviews complete with images etc, grab tips and useful links and see new notes or claim games they want to review if we have the keys for it. Sorta like a work portal.
Do you use Extended Users addon? Following code might be useful -
Code: Select all
<cms:func 'redirect_anon_users' ><cms:ignore>

// If user is not logged in -> redirect to login template.
      // Preserve current visited url to get back to after successful login.
      //
        // Sample: <cms:call 'redirect_anon_users' />

</cms:ignore>
   <cms:if k_logged_out && k_user_login_template>
      <!-- this is a secure site. login first to access it -->
      <cms:set redirect_qs = "redirect=<cms:php>echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];</cms:php>" />
      <cms:set destination_url = "<cms:add_querystring link=k_user_login_template querystring=redirect_qs />" />
      <cms:redirect url=destination_url permanently='0' />
   </cms:if>
</cms:func>

trendoman wrote: Do you use Extended Users addon? Following code might be useful -
Code: Select all
<cms:func 'redirect_anon_users' ><cms:ignore>

// If user is not logged in -> redirect to login template.
      // Preserve current visited url to get back to after successful login.
      //
        // Sample: <cms:call 'redirect_anon_users' />

</cms:ignore>
   <cms:if k_logged_out && k_user_login_template>
      <!-- this is a secure site. login first to access it -->
      <cms:set redirect_qs = "redirect=<cms:php>echo $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI'];</cms:php>" />
      <cms:set destination_url = "<cms:add_querystring link=k_user_login_template querystring=redirect_qs />" />
      <cms:redirect url=destination_url permanently='0' />
   </cms:if>
</cms:func>

Don't have the extended user yet but if its something you think would be useful to me then I'll put it in.
EU addon is a must to handle onsite user login and registration. It gives you opportunity to add custom fields to users, such as social links, birthday etc.
7 posts Page 1 of 1