Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
DataTables.net can be fitted into CouchCMS backend. If you never tried datatables - don't miss on its awesome features - see link https://datatables.net

Adding to this post viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11126&p=29031#p29031, here are some tips.

Most customization can be done via config_list_view (feature of CouchCMS 2.0+ viewtopic.php?f=5&t=10241 ). -

Override default '1000'-pages limit of pages tag and set it to be big enough (or exact) to fit in all your cloned pages -
<cms:config_list_view limit="10000" >

In essence we want all cloned pages to be present in html before activating datatable (unlike in server-side processing). DTs are known to work very fast on thousands of pages, sourced by html, javascript or ajax json file and anything above 1k would require server-side processing to keep up.

Automatic setting of limit goes like this:
Code: Select all
<cms:set total_pages = "<cms:pages count_only='1' show_unpublished='1' show_future_entries='1' />" />
<cms:config_list_view limit=total_pages>

2018-08-25-002.png
datatable filtered
2018-08-25-002.png (49.67 KiB) Viewed 2042 times

3 buttons: Copy, CSV, PDF are meant to save listing to clipboard or a file (csv/pdf). Selector Show: "All" helps tailor number of visible pages in the list. Filter is a filter and pagination is activated automatically. Nothing is changed anywhere - neither in data nor in actions buttons. Plugin is configured to recognize CouchCMS default format of date: "Aug 25th 2018" - sorting by date will be natural thanks to renown Moment.js library.

Credits for beautiful datatable styling and fitting goes to Eugene Kopyov @ Limitless Kit Html Template and fitting DT into CouchCMS backend is done by me. If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to PM me.

My Documentation, Addons, Functions.
Join COUCH telegram channel
Someone asked for a "Select All" checkbox that will select absolutely all rows across all paginated pages. Well, datatable allows that with a custom button -
2018-08-25-003.png
select-deselect buttons
2018-08-25-003.png (38.73 KiB) Viewed 2037 times

Contact me for any further customizations.

My Documentation, Addons, Functions.
Join COUCH telegram channel
@trendoman - another big thankyou for this one.

Just wondering if you can point me in the right direction here.

I'm trying to put a check in so that if the total number of pages exceeds a set limit then the list reverts to original couch style with pagination & explanatory message, otherwise list with dataTables.

currently i have:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once( './c/cms.php' ); ?>
<cms:template title='Contact Form Data' clonable='1' executable='0' order='15' parent='data' dynamic_folders='1'>
    <cms:no_cache />
    <!-- LIST VIEW    -->
    <cms:set form_contact_data_dt_max_pages = "<cms:get_field 'global_contact_form_dt_max_pages' masterpage='globals_sa.php' />" scope='global' />
    <cms:set form_contact_data_total_pages = "<cms:pages count_only='1' show_unpublished='1' show_future_entries='1' />" scope='global' />
    <cms:if form_contact_data_total_pages lt form_contact_data_dt_max_pages >
        <cms:config_list_view exclude="default-page-for-<cms:embed 'functions/string/get-clean-url.html' url=k_template_name ></cms:embed>" searchable='1' limit=form_contact_data_total_pages order='1110' >
            <cms:smart_embed 'datatables/list-view' />

</cms:config_list_view>

<!-- FORM VIEW    -->
        <cms:config_form_view>
            <cms:smart_embed 'datatables/form-view' />
        </cms:config_form_view>
    <cms:else />
        <cms:config_list_view exclude="default-page-for-<cms:embed 'functions/string/get-clean-url.html' url=k_template_name ></cms:embed>" searchable='1'>
            <cms:html>
                <h1>dt_max : <cms:show form_contact_data_dt_max_pages /></h1>
                <h1># pages: <cms:show form_contact_data_total_pages /></h1>
                <h1># pages1: <cms:pages count_only='1' show_unpublished='1' show_future_entries='1' /></h1>
                <h1>dt_max1 : <cms:get_field 'global_contact_form_dt_max_pages' masterpage='globals_sa.php' /></h1>
            </cms:html>
        </cms:config_list_view>
        <cms:config_form_view></cms:config_form_view>
    </cms:if>

Obviously at the moment I'm having to refresh the template in order for the <cms:if...> statement to work correctly.
Any ideas on
1 - how i might make this dynamic?
2 - why the variables set in the template with scope global are not available in the <cms:config_list_view...> tag?

Thanks for any insights you might be able to offer,
cheers, gwil
3 posts Page 1 of 1