Coded something up in Couch in an interesting way? Have a snippet or shortcode to share? Post it here for the community to benefit.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,

It would be great if 'administrator' level users could add further administrators rather than restricting this to the super admin.

When building sites for clients I tend to keep the super admin login for myself and create a separate administrator login for whoever i'm building the site for. Typically though the client wants multiple admins over time which means either:

1) Doing this for them each time
2) Giving them the super admin credentials

I don't find either of these options to be suitable as it means that either they're not in control (option 1) or i'm not in control (option 2).

Let me know if this is a possibility

Cheers
Daz
There is a possibility for admins to create more admins with a consequence: superadmins will be able to create more superadmins and soon there will be too many of them :lol: :D
Great :lol:

Thx mate!
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
Haha, thanks trendoman this is great. I guess with great power comes great responsibility so I'll try and keep those superadmins to a minimum!
@trendoman,

Does this still work???

For Couch 2.0 it's in field.php, Line 1387. Same change.

Couch 2.0, field.php wrote: $html = $FUNCS->access_levels_dropdown( $this->page->access_level, $AUTH->user->access_level, 1 );
where innovation meets technology
genxcoders wrote: @trendoman,

Does this still work???

@genxcoders, why don't you try????
I tried with v2.2, but still the new registered account is adding up as an authenticated user only. Hence i asked. I guess u also didnt check it with v2.2!
where innovation meets technology
genxcoders wrote: Hence i asked. I guess u also didnt check it with v2.2!

Right, I didn't try it with 2.2. It is not very popular topic, as you can see the last post was about 3 yrs ago :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1