Make sure you don't miss out on important product update or patch
8 posts Page 1 of 1
CKEditor 3.5.4 that ships with the current versions of Couch (1.2.5 & 1.3RC1) has been reported to have problems on Chrome 18/20 in displaying the image explorer for embedding images
https://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/8855
https://dev.ckeditor.com/ticket/9069

CKEditor 3.6.3 fixes the bug.
Additionally, it also supports HTML5 tags.

To upgrade to 3.6.3,
1. Download the attached 'ckeditor.zip' file. Unzipping it will yield a folder named 'ckeditor'.
2. In your existing Couch installation, please find and delete (or rename to something different) the 'couch/includes/ckeditor' folder.
3. Upload the folder unzipped above to 'couch/includes/' to replace the original folder we deleted above.

Also attached is the 'lang' folder for languages other than en, fr and de.

Attachments

I have Installed this new update, however we now have a second problem. The text editor now does not show at all.
Hi Simon,

Must be some local problem as we haven't had any such report and the upgraded version is being used by several people.

If your site is online please send me your Couch + FTP creds and I'll try and find what might be going wrong.

Thanks
KK wrote: Hi Simon,

Must be some local problem as we haven't had any such report and the upgraded version is being used by several people.

If your site is online please send me your Couch + FTP creds and I'll try and find what might be going wrong.

Thanks

I've gone and put back the old file. I will re install and then let you know!
hi,

has anyone been able to get html5 tags to work in ckeditor?

i have tried all versions up to 4 and to no avail. —and yes i have also tried this upgrade patch.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

btw: i'm using
Code: Select all
richtext='richtext'
for my region.
is there some kind of html purifier on the textarea and richtext fileds?

i have checked the ckeditor.js file and it does support html5 tags, but couch keeps encoding the tags.
@cmdillon
Posted a reply to your questions in this other thread you started -
viewtopic.php?f=3&p=10292#p10292
@kk: thanx for the patch worked great!
8 posts Page 1 of 1