Important announcements from CouchCMS team
80 posts Page 5 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
@cardmaverick, you'll nevertheless have to make some changes to your code to use this addon.
it shouldn't affect adversely the way things are working now for you but, to be on the safer side, try making the changes to a local version first.
@KK Great news!!!

Will the 1.4.5 release finally have 'Redactor' as the default editor? I can hardly wait! :-)
Hi again!

I was a bit out of touch with the latest couch development and I apparently missed a lot. Now, the whole user managment is quite tempting and I would like to add it to one of my projects, but where do I start? Are things described in the members module thread still valid or do I go with the "users" addon which is provided here with the RC? Where can I find some documentation on this or is it in the end the same as the members module? Just want to make sure before I go through a ten pages long thread ;)...

And do I have to apply the patch for data bound forms (found it somewhere here) or is it already in the RC download included?
@klaus,

Are things described in the members module thread still valid or do I go with the "users" addon which is provided here with the RC?
Members module is still valid (and will likely remain so even with future Couch versions). So basically you have a choice of two methods for implementing the 'users' functionality in your projects.

If the users don't have to be intricately integrated with the native Couch accounts, feel free to use 'members' module. The 'extended-users' module does everything that 'members' does and is more deeply integrated with native user accounts. So if you want to use access permissions etc. use extended-users.

Where can I find some documentation on this
http://www.couchcms.com/docs/extended-entities/post.htm
Thanks! Straightforward and easy to use as always! ( I went with the extended users)

But ;)... Instead that the user account gets activated when he validates his e-mail adress I would like to have it this way:

User registers -> has to validate mail by klicking on the link in the mail -> user is not directly activated, mail gets send to administrator with a link that acitvates account. Possible?
Not possible? Or already somewhere explained?
Klaus, it is not possible out of the box, I am afraid.
KK, I'm about to start working on a new Couch site, and wanted to know a couple of things in relation to the pending 1.4.5 release:

1) will it include Redactor?

2) how far away is it? - should we expect it within a couple of weeks, or within a couple of months? Either is fine, by the way! :-)

3) is the current release candidate stable enough to use in production, or should we stick to 1.4 for the time being?

Many thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide.
@luxlogica,
1) will it include Redactor?
Yes.

2) how far away is it? - should we expect it within a couple of weeks, or within a couple of months?
Not sure. Am still working on it.

3) is the current release candidate stable enough to use in production, or should we stick to 1.4 for the time being?
It is stable. Please feel free to use it in production.

Hope that answers your query.
Thank you, @KK! Your work is truly appreciated!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
80 posts Page 5 of 8