Important announcements from CouchCMS team
80 posts Page 4 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
Thanks KK

I speed read that document last night but unfortunately only saw it as a way of moving db from local test to hosting environment. I just didn't make the connection of using it for fresh install of update :-(

However no joy through that route either. Seems Couch can't modify the database structure at all although page edits via admin work OK so it is reading and writing to the existing tables. Very puzzling.

I tried creating a new database, loading Couch and site to a test directory and trying your suggestion there. Which didn't work either. But did produce a 404 page saying powered by Zeus server despite control panel for site showing Apache server. Even failed to display new .html pages in test or main directory. And needless to say can't add any new pages to Couch either.

Which points to something wrong at the hosting end. The site recently had it's server and server type changed and moved from a Zeus server to Apache. This is the only thing different from this site to the other ones I have using Couch. Shouldn't have affected anything but perhaps it wasn't a full and clean move in some way. This was done by the hosting company so it's a bit of a black hole as far as my knowledge of what went on goes.

Looking at the DNS records for the domain they are for the old Zeus server rather than for an Apache server. Which is probably the problem if it really is on an Apache server...
This might not be the cause but certainly points to a configuration error of some sort for this domain at the hosting company and/or they haven't updated their 404 page...

It appears it is not a Couch problem at all. Sorry for wasteing your time with this but I wouldn't have got to the end result without the steps you gave which eliminated Couch from the mix. So thanks again. As for the hosting company words fail me (polite ones anyway!!)
@dough, so what seems to be happening is that you have been accessing (via browser) the version of Couch installed on Zeus (i.e. the older version) all along. The newer version, which is now on Apache, never got accessed and so the upgrade routine did not run.

Anyway, glad that it finally resulted in identifying the real problem :)
Hello KK,
I suppose everybody is interested, so please let me ask about your plan of releasing RC2 version.. Is there an approximate period - about 2 months, about half a year, etc.
It's OK if not possible to define the period, just wondering)
Hi Musman :)

I don't think I'll be able to provide a set date but can only say that, trust me, I am working actively on it.
Thanks, I'm sure it will be a legendary contribution that will make Couch even more exclusive and self-sufficient.
Waiting for future news about it!
Can I use these extended addons without upgrading to the new version of couch?

If I have to upgrade, how will this affect my current install? I'm using the latest official release.
I am afraid, no :) You'll have to upgrade to 1.4.5RC1

Upgradation is a straightforward process. You can find the steps here -
viewtopic.php?p=16420#p16420

If I have to upgrade, how will this affect my current install? I'm using the latest official release
It shouldn't affect the working of your current site in any way at all.
Just to be on the safer site though, you might want to take a database back (or run gen_dump.php) before upgrading.
Just to understand the backup function. I generated a file from gen_dump.php -> looks like a backup file. Can I use gen_dump.php for backups in the future or is it just to move to another server. How do I get data restored on the same server with this file. Is this possible or is it just to move the site-s data to another server?
* * * * * * I LOVE COUCH CMS - flexible and straight forward * * * * * *
@chichi, you can find more info about gen_dump here - http://www.couchcms.com/docs/miscellane ... erver.html

Primarily it is meant for easily moving data from one server to another but, since it is a snapshot of all the data on your server at a given time, it can be used as a backup if you wish (although I'd suggest you better use the backup features made available by your web host).
KK wrote:
I am afraid, no :) You'll have to upgrade to 1.4.5RC1

Upgradation is a straightforward process. You can find the steps here -
viewtopic.php?p=16420#p16420

If I have to upgrade, how will this affect my current install? I'm using the latest official release
It shouldn't affect the working of your current site in any way at all.
Just to be on the safer site though, you might want to take a database back (or run gen_dump.php) before upgrading.

Thanks for the info! I suspect my request a few months ago promted the extended folders module. I'm using the original hacked solution you provided. How will this impact me if I upgrade and install the addon for extended folders?
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 Next
80 posts Page 4 of 8