Important announcements from CouchCMS team
16 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello Couchies!

I do really appreciate Couch system and it's authors, so I decided to make a contribution to it and bought OEM lisense of Imperavi Redactor WYSIWYG for Couch.

I use Couch not for simple websites only, but for highly professional and complex, too. But open-source CKEdit or TinyMCE are slow, complex and not easily customizable for precise projects. The best system for now as I think is Redactor, it is fast, jQuery-based, easily customizable and has great features out-of-box like:

- Drag-n-dropping and copying images that are automatically being uploaded to the server,
- Parsing Youtube and Vimeo links (without using shortcodes),
- Support for HTML edit in Inline mode,
- Keyboard shortcuts, auto-saving, great security,
- Translation to many languages, etc.

Redactor's API is simple enough to make own plugins, for example for inserting mp3's and other shortcodes, I suppose it gives better user experience that using standard Couch shortcodes (they are awesome, but if we can make them work as a button in editor, it's better).

And... KK promised to integrate it with the next version of Couch (1.4.5)!

The additional info is here: http://imperavi.com/redactor/

Thanks!
I can only say - thank you, Musman :) Thank you very much for your invaluable support.

I am sure Redactor will be a great addition to Couch.
Musman thank you ... looking forward to exploring Redactor!
Thanks, Musman. I like it. What a great contribution. Unlike CKEditor, Redactor also appears to work on smartphones, which should really help Couch as it adopts a more responsive admin panel.

I'm wondering whether it will also work in repeatable regions. Looking forward to using it.
Thank you for contributing this to the Couch community Musman :)
Thanks Musman, you really contributed a step forwards.
I load frameworks and write bugs on top of them, after that I rearrange the code so that it looks like a cool product.
Nice move Musman.

Thanks a lot, it's great gesture.
Thank you very much :P
The editor looks amazing and very clean.

Thank you to both Musman and Couch :)
Musman wrote: Hello Couchies!

I do really appreciate Couch system and it's authors, so I decided to make a contribution to it and bought OEM lisense of Imperavi Redactor WYSIWYG for Couch.

I use Couch not for simple websites only, but for highly professional and complex, too. But open-source CKEdit or TinyMCE are slow, complex and not easily customizable for precise projects. The best system for now as I think is Redactor, it is fast, jQuery-based, easily customizable and has great features out-of-box like:

- Drag-n-dropping and copying images that are automatically being uploaded to the server,
- Parsing Youtube and Vimeo links (without using shortcodes),
- Support for HTML edit in Inline mode,
- Keyboard shortcuts, auto-saving, great security,
- Translation to many languages, etc.

Redactor's API is simple enough to make own plugins, for example for inserting mp3's and other shortcodes, I suppose it gives better user experience that using standard Couch shortcodes (they are awesome, but if we can make them work as a button in editor, it's better).

And... KK promised to integrate it with the next version of Couch (1.4.5)!

The additional info is here: http://imperavi.com/redactor/

Thanks!

OMG Redactor on couch :D
Great move Musman :!:

Bring it on KK :!:
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
16 posts Page 1 of 2