Important announcements from CouchCMS team
148 posts Page 10 of 15
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next
@temp10293, please see
viewtopic.php?p=16486#p16486

As noted in my reply to the post above, DataBound Form addon needed some rectifications for inline errors to work.

You may use the patch given there (but will require upgrading to Couch v1.4.5RC1).

Thanks.
BlueCaret wrote: I am wondering if it would be possible to do some modifications to what the registration process is like. Couple questions/requests

First question:
I would like it to be setup so that upon requesting an account, the user is sent an email that asks them to verify their email, but this does not activate the account, they are told their account will be reviewed and activated later (by an admin). This is so we make sure we get a correct email from them.

Then once they verify their email, the admin is emailed saying someone requested an account. The admin then has to login and activate it (or link in email would work).

When the admin activates the account I want the user to get another email saying their account has been activated and list their username and password as a reminder.

Second question:
Also, is there a way to not require a screen name on registration? I only want them to use their email address as their login. Even if this means just hiding the screen name field and automatically using the email for it would work for me.

Is any of this possible and if so how would I go about doing it? Appreciate all the help!

Anyone have any suggestions about my questions? This might end up being a deal breaker if I can't do some of this, I would love to keep using CouchCMS but this will be important for my project. I might be interested in paying for some custom work to get this to work depending on the price.
Apologies, @BlueCaret for the delay in reply. I seemed to have missed your post.

I would like it to be setup so that upon requesting an account, the user is sent an email that asks them to verify their email,
This is what gets done normally upon registration.
An email is sent asking for confirmation.

but this does not activate the account, they are told their account will be reviewed and activated later (by an admin)
When the user clicks on the mail sent above, it leads her to 'members/register.php'. This template has a block that handles activation request.

Remove the <cms:member_process_activation /> tag from this block and the account will not be activated.

Then once they verify their email, the admin is emailed saying someone requested an account
At the point above where removed the <cms:member_process_activation />, we can be sure that the email is valid and so send an email to the administrator instead.

When the admin activates the account I want the user to get another email saying their account has been activated and list their username and password as a reminder.

If the admin uses Couch's admin-panel to activate the account, I am afraid there is no provision there to send emails etc.

You'll have to create a front-end section (a variation of members/profile.php) for admins for the purpose and then send the email you require etc.

Please keep in mind though that you cannot send the user the password he created the account with as Couch, following accepted security recommendations, does not store the original password - only a hash of it that cannot be used to recreate the password.

Also, is there a way to not require a screen name on registration? I only want them to use their email address as their login.
Not a problem. Only email is mandatory. You can skip the name.

Hope this answers your query.
Awesome thanks for the reply! I think that answers what I need, I'll post if I got more questions once I get time to try this out.

Thanks KK!!
@BlueCaret, I realized that simply removing the <cms:member_process_activation /> won't be sufficient as we'd still want to make sure that the data that came back through the confirmation link is not bogus.

To do that, we'll continue using <cms:member_process_activation /> but make changes to the PHP code that it invokes.

Find 'function process_activation()' in couch/addons/members/members.php file and comment out (i.e. add leading '//' to the line highlighted below -
// get user
$user = $this->get_user( $id, 1 );
if( is_object($user) && $user->member_activation_hash==$key ){
//$this->activate_account( $user->member_id );
$this->set_context( $user );
}

Hope this helps.
Cool thanks for the clarification :)
Is there any way to log a new member in upon registration? I figured out how to set them to active and turned off the activation email, but it would be ideal if the user were logged in once they had finished registration.

I tried using the process_member_login tag in the success condition pod the register form, but kept getting errors about missing fields, probably because it was expecting fields names without frm_ attached to the front.

Any thoughts?
tried using the process_member_login tag .. but kept getting errors about missing fields, probably because it was expecting fields names without frm_ attached to the front
The cms:member_process_login_form tag expects two variables (normally set via form) named frm_member_name and frm_member_password,

You can try manually setting both the variables before invoking cms:process_member_login
Code: Select all
<cms:set frm_member_name 'xyz' />
<cms:set frm_member_password 'xyz' />

<cms:member_process_login_form />

Haven't tried it myself. Let us know if it works.
KK wrote:
tried using the process_member_login tag .. but kept getting errors about missing fields, probably because it was expecting fields names without frm_ attached to the front
The cms:member_process_login_form tag expects two variables (normally set via form) named frm_member_name and frm_member_password,

You can try manually setting both the variables before invoking cms:process_member_login
<cms:set frm_member_name 'xyz' />
<cms:set frm_member_password 'xyz' />

<cms:member_process_login_form />

Haven't tried it myself. Let us know if it works.

I was able to set the password, however setting the name hasn't proven as easy. I am using the email address as the username, so I am just doing this:
<cms:set frm_member_name "<cms:show frm_member_email />" />
<cms:set frm_member_password "<cms:show frm_member_password />"/>

But when I print the values in frm_member_name and frm_member_password I only see the password, not the name, it comes up blank.

Any suggestions?
@temp10293,, can you please post (or PM me) the full form code?
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15 Next
148 posts Page 10 of 15