Important announcements from CouchCMS team
29 posts Page 2 of 3
So KK, I downloaded the demo files and I was blown away :D! You're using contenteditable for this? WOW!!!! I've been dying to use this, me and a developer two years ago had tried to use aloha to create a solution, but it wasn't bulletproof... This is actually really amazing and I think that clients will grow to love it (i.e. the traditional ones who don't already love it)... contenteditable is the future of content management on the web, I truly believe this..

I have a few questions, itching to work on this on a real project:
- In case a client wants the whole ckeditor kitchen sink (hopefully not), but wants to do tables or add images via the ckeditor, would this solution still work?
- Are there any issues or any types of content that wouldn't work with this? Or those could just use a pop-up? like images, video, file uploads, etc etc...

Just trying to get my hands dirty before a real project comes up, so I can move smoothly when it does...

Karen
Hi Karen,

Glad you liked it :)

Replying to your query -
as far as I know, except for the 'view source' button, all the other buttons are available in the inline version. CKEditor hides some of them, though, depending on the HTML element you have made contenteditable (e.g H1 will show fewer buttons as compared to a DIV).

I suggest you please experiment a little with the 'toolbar' and 'custom_toolbar' parameters (documented at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... htext.html) to see for yourself what works and what does not.

Do share your findings with us.

Thanks.
Thanks KK... I will do that when I have a bit of time.. I have tinkered with the custom toolbar for the last project I did, so familiar with that, I'll report my findings when I'm done :D
Hey KK,
Some info based on very early testing of the on-page editing...
So from what I can see, if the cms inline tag is inside a div tag, for example, it doesn't show the insert image, table and some other buttons on the front end for the content editable sections, but does so in the traditional admin panel...

So if I want to add an image or a table, I go into the admin panel and do so and then it shows up on the front end... On the front end, if I right click on the image or table that now shows up, it brings up a menu that allows me to edit the image and table...
Not sure if this is helpful, but based on what I've been testing...
@imohkay,

Try setting the 'toolbar' parameter of cms:inline_edit tag to 'full' e.g. make it from this
<cms:inline_edit 'intro_text' />

to this -
<cms:inline_edit 'intro_text' toolbar='full' />

and you'll see the entire set of buttons available (and that includes the table, image etc.).

So, as I said before, all the buttons are available (except view-source).
You can set 'toolbar' to 'custom' (as explained at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... htext.html) to tailor the buttons set to suit your need

Hope this helps.
Thanks KK :) Just checked and it works :)
KK, this is excellent! Nice work. Great for clients, very easy for them to see the content sytylig in real time.

Question - can you "inline_edit" images? I can't seem to get it working, it outputs a strange unclosed class= tag
Thanks, Patrick :) (long time, no see?)

I don't think IMG tag can be made directly editable (the block-level HTML element restriction applies). However, I suppose, a parent div can be fitted with a custom-toolbar with only the 'image' button to effect the same thing. No?
KK wrote: Thanks, Patrick :) (long time, no see?)

I don't think IMG tag can be made directly editable (the block-level HTML element restriction applies). However, I suppose, a parent div can be fitted with a custom-toolbar with only the 'image' button to effect the same thing. No?

then we must add button per each image?
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
KK wrote: Thanks, Patrick :) (long time, no see?)

How would you customise the toolbar? Seems like a viable option.

Yes, long time, been working on some other projects but am currently developing 3 new couch powered sites :)
29 posts Page 2 of 3