Important announcements from CouchCMS team
4 posts Page 1 of 1
CouchCMS goes free for personal and non-commercial sites!

We are pleased to announce that CouchCMS shall be free for use with personal and non commercial-sites.

Feel free to download and use it for such projects. Contact us and we'll be happy to provide you with an unlimited license free of cost.

CouchCMS is licensed on per-domain basis so please make sure to specify the domain name you wish to get the license for.
i`m sorry to tell you but you don`t know de meaning of free and uncoplicated!
Why do i have to install so many things to make this cms run? If you don't want to earn some money with this content management system please make a version that is not encoded with the ioncube encoder so that will be as easy to install as you pretend.

Another thing is: if the cms is opensource more people with more ideas can improve it, just like wordpress and phpbb and many others!

cheers!
Hi vlad,

I can see why you are annoyed, but the complication you are speaking of comes from ioncube loader not being present on certain hosts and not the way Couch operates. On a decent host that has ioncube installed, I am sure, you'll see Couch living up to its claim of simplicity.

We do have plans of removing the encoding and opening the source but that will have to wait.

Thanks
vlad0007 wrote: i`m sorry to tell you but you don`t know de meaning of free and uncoplicated!
Why do i have to install so many things to make this cms run? If you don't want to earn some money with this content management system please make a version that is not encoded with the ioncube encoder so that will be as easy to install as you pretend.

Another thing is: if the cms is opensource more people with more ideas can improve it, just like wordpress and phpbb and many others!

cheers!

Nothing in this world is free. Sorry....

Both them are crap. My eyes and are for easy option designers. Because you dont need todo anything, no code nothing. Yet this place offers more design, development and free ease.

Sorry but if a designer and developer uses wordpress then all they are is a button presser. Because you just design in design view and no backend code is needed. you can even bloody use photoshop and intergrate it, now thats no way a designer, developer.

Look at facebook, twitter, both sites built around cms program like this one and because couch is a small company why should they allow people to reproduce this and add extra on there design package? Thats not on at all, all there hard work for someone else to make the profit.

Hope this helps. And stop buying laime servers which cost you nothing because they have no features at all.
4 posts Page 1 of 1