Important announcements from CouchCMS team
40 posts Page 3 of 4
WOOOW...!!!
You just create Another great feature KK...!!!
As soon as possible!

Touch me up : abada[dot]zulma[at]gmail[dot]com
I feel really dumb posting this but it seems as though it is not possible to drag the rows like the mosaic/repeatable regions. It would offcourse be quite desirable to be able to add a new component somewhere in between other, allready existing components.
@Saskia, the set of buttons that appears upon hovering over any block has the "Up / Down" component (right-most buttons).
You may use them to move existing blocks at any desired location.

Hope this helps.
KK wrote: @Saskia, the set of buttons that appears upon hovering over any block has the "Up / Down" component (right-most buttons).
You may use them to move existing blocks at any desired location.

Hope this helps.

I wonder if the 'draggable gallery' solution could be applied there as well :)
@trendoman
I wonder if the 'draggable gallery' solution could be applied there as well

I suppose yes it is applicable here too; however, the usual height of blocks is much more than what we encounter in repeatable-regions/mosaic and I found dragging to be pretty difficult to control.
KK wrote: I found dragging to be pretty difficult to control.

Consider a narrow vertical sidebar with small thumbnails - there it could be accessible for quick navigation and reorder)
@KK Oh thank you so much! Turns out I was a little dumb indeed, we have our own template styling and we have accidentally hidden those buttons. Thanks to your comment I started looking for them in the inspector.

Problem solved :)
Code: Select all
<cms:mosaic name='blocks' label='Blocks' body_class='_pb'>
    <cms:tile name='ab01' label='Text' _pb_template='_fields/theme/AB01' _pb_height='32'>
        <cms:embed 'pb/_fields/embed/AB01.html' />
    </cms:tile>

@KK, I discovered that the theme of the tile _pb_template='_fields/theme/AB01' overrides the code that was introduced with Mosaic -

<cms:tile name='ab01' label='Text' _pb_height='32'>
    <cms:embed 'pb/_fields/embed/AB01.html' />
    <cms:config_list_view>
        <cms:field 'k_content'>
            <!-- embed snippet with iframe instead and reuse wrapper with cms:block / cms:extends -->
        </cms:field>
    </cms:config_list_view>
</cms:tile>

The result could be the same with cms:config_list_view. Why is that?

The code is scattered among kfunctions, theme, misc etc. as if someone dropped a Little Boy over HTML styling.

I want to try PB to fit my goal but it does not allow to "create" new tiles! PB allows only to reuse the pre-created tiles, looking like a supersized Mosaic of mosaics, but without true Mosaic features - create tiles on the fly.

Will Couch website be refreshed with PB's assistance? It looks very, very outdated. ;)
@trendoman,
The result could be the same with cms:config_list_view. Why is that?

Pagebuilder overrides the default Mosaic code to introduce an Iframe (thus mimicking the frontend); in your code when you use <cms:config_list_view> with Mosaic, you are doing the same thing (i.e. overriding the default display logic of Mosaic).

The result could be similar but not necessarily because the code for PB does a lot more than just use an IFrame e.g. , to name one, enforce calling custom context-setter functions in the right order- these can and do alter the output. Therefore, PB will insist upon using its own code and yours will be overridden.

I want to try PB to fit my goal but it does not allow to "create" new tiles!

Not sure what you mean by that - if you mean 'define' new tiles, then of course, that is the way PB works - it leaves that to the Mosaic(s) that serve as its source.

However, if you mean creating new instances of defined tiles, that is exactly what one does every time a new block is added by the user.
The only difference between PB and Mosaic in this regard is that in Mosaic the instance is created anew while in PB it is created by creating a copy of a pre-existing tile.

That said, please share with us the goals you are trying to achieve with PB and perhaps we can figure out something together.
Hello, thanks for your great page-builder addon! It's amazing! :D :D

I have a question. I need to get a field on the live-page (also created with pagebuilder) from a another snippet, which is also on the live page.
So I have the following code:

<cms:pages masterpage='blocks/features.php'>
                     <cms:show_mosaic 'blocks'>
                        <cms:if k_tile_name='fr10'>                     
                             <cms:show_repeatable 'items'>
                              <cms:if k_count = '1' >
                                 <cms:set countdown_date = "<cms:date item_eventdate format='Y-m-d\TH:i:s' />" />
</cms:if>
                           </cms:show_repeatable>
                        </cms:if>
                     </cms:show_mosaic>
                     </cms:pages>

The problem is that the cms is not getting the data from the live-page snippet, but it's getting the data from the snippet in the "features"-templates. So I need to edit the snippet in the "features"-template, delete the live-snippet in the page-builder side, add the refreshed snippet and save.
How I can access the live-page fields?

Thanks!
40 posts Page 3 of 4