Important announcements from CouchCMS team
73 posts Page 2 of 8
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
So is this addons actually create SEO friendly links? I can search different kinds of languages' content from google search?
@andrejprus, @normis, @macktrill
Thanks for your feedback on the browser language.

I have updated the addon to incorporate your suggestion.
Now, by default, the addon will ignore the browser language. However, the config file now has a setting that can be set to '1' to make the addon take the browser's language into consideration -
Code: Select all
// Set to 1 if the language used by the visitor's browser is a factor in choosing the current language
$cfg['use_browser_lang'] = 0;
@nsy
So is this addons actually create SEO friendly links? I can search different kinds of languages' content from google search?
Yes, the links now have the language code contained within them which makes them SEO friendly.

Google search, because it relies on the URLs, will now be able to distinguish between pages of different languages.

Couch, in contrast, depends on the database ID used internally by a page to get its search content.
Since that ID remains the same for a page with content in different languages, unfortunately Couch's internal search will not be able to display results depending on the language.
hi @KK

I tryed work with <cms:nested_pages..., but it not works
I tryed work with <cms:nested_pages..., but it not works

I'll admit, I never tested this with nested-pages.

Since you have, could you please let me know if it does not work only with prettyURLs on or is incompatible in general (I wouldn't be surprised if it is though).
Hi @KK,

with nested pages not works at all,
not exist k_page_link_<lang> or page_var_<lang> in dump
define( 'K_PRETTY_URLS', 0 );

and i found another situation:

and have a trouble with <cms:globals>

<cms:globals>
   <cms:each k_supported_langs as='lang' key='lc'>
      <cms:editable name="seo_naujienos_group" label='Naujienų SEO nustatymai <cms:show lang>' type='group' order='10' />
         <cms:editable name="title_<cms:show lc />" label="Title <cms:show lang />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
         <cms:editable name="keywords_<cms:show lc />" label="Keywords <cms:show lang />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
         <cms:editable name="description_<cms:show lc />" label="Description <cms:show lang />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
   </cms:each>
</cms:globals>

or

<cms:set lang_var='lt|en|ru|pl' />

<cms:each lang_var sep='|' >
         <cms:editable name="seo_naujienos_group" label='Naujienų SEO nustatymai <cms:show item>' type='group' order='10' />
            <cms:editable name="title_<cms:show item />" label="Title <cms:show item />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
            <cms:editable name="keywords_<cms:show item />" label="Keywords <cms:show item />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
            <cms:editable name="description_<cms:show item />" label="Description <cms:show item />" type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
      </cms:each>

</cms:globals>

in result: no data found in globals edit page:

but if use:

<cms:editable name="seo_naujienos_group" label='Naujienų SEO nustatymai' type='group' order='10' />
            <cms:editable name="title" label="Title " type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
            <cms:editable name="keywords" label="Keywords " type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />
            <cms:editable name="description" label="Description " type='text' group='seo_naujienos_group' />

all is great

how I understand, problem is with <cms:each>
Hi,

The <cms:globals> tag is a "limited" cms:template kind of entity and it supports only a few child tags (to be exact, only these four - 'cms:editable', 'cms:repeatable', 'cms:mosaic', 'cms:config_form_view').

There are technical issues involved so, I am sorry, I cannot make it support cms:each.
You'll have to explicitly define cms:editable regions for each language (as the immediate child of cms:globals).
I have seen on one website that English links have no /en/ prefix, while localized links have language code.
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="en" href="https://www.mindmeister.com/975809654" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="de" href="https://www.mindmeister.com/de/975809654" />
<link rel="alternate" hreflang="fr" href="https://www.mindmeister.com/fr/975809654" />

Does it make sense to do it like above from SEO pov? Is it possible with the addon?
Thanks
@trendoman,
The earliest iteration of this addon, in fact, followed the same tack as you described (i.e. not displaying the language for the default language).

However, I soon realized that this approach had a problem -
if we couple it with (as, more often than not, we do) the feature of automatically directing a new user to a preferred language when no language is explicitly specified, the user *cannot* then navigate to the default (EN in our case) language if she wishes to (she will always be directed back to the language deemed preferred for her).

I think that could be a problem for bots also unless explicit steps are taken to prevent this lock-in.

There could be a solution to this but I was not able to find it so switched to explicitly indicating all languages.
Hi guys!!

First of all... congratulations for your tool. I discovered it last month and I am starting and learning to work with couchcms. Just I can say a good adjectives about this cms.

But... I have a litlle problem :( ... I have searched my problem in others items in the forum but I have not found the answer to my problem. I explain me with more details:

I installed couchcms in a localhost (in my laptop) following the intrucstions to a multilingual website.

I added my cookies in the config.php file in the multi-lang folder.

All works fine but... if I delete the cookies and enter again I have the following notices and warnings:

Notice: Undefined index: op in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\parser\parser.php on line 749
Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 0 in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\field.php on line 361
Notice: Undefined variable: html in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\tags.php on line 1070
Notice: Undefined index: name in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\functions.php on line 154

Notice: Undefined variable: has_context in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\tags.php on line 580

Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\folder.php on line 135

Notice: Undefined variable: fields in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\db.php on line 132

Notice: Undefined index: custom_params in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\field.php on line 1461

Notice: Undefined property: KField::$deleted in C:\xampp2\htdocs\nacsport\couch\page.php on line 1876

I know that those alerts are not errors, but I would like solve those little issues: How can I hidde those alerts? or How can I solve this issue?

Thanks for your help and congratulatios for your work.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8 Next
73 posts Page 2 of 8