Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 9 of 24
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24 Next
Do the <cms:style> <cms:script> and <cms:html> tags work anywhere, or only on the admin panel?
Mako88 wrote: Do the <cms:style> <cms:script> and <cms:html> tags work anywhere, or only on the admin panel?

They only work on the admin panel, and they have to be nested inside either cms:config_list_view or cms:config_form_view.
Code: Select all
<cms:config_form_view>
   <cms:script>
        //custom javascript
    </cms:script>

<cms:style>
        //custom styles
    </cms:style>

<cms:html>
        <p>Custom Markup</p>
    </cms:html>       
</cms:config_form_view>

Outside of the admin panel, you can just use ordinary html tags for those things.
Lol! Oh...right. I feel dumb :P
This is an absolute WONDERFUL adjustment to the admin panel.

After I upgraded my existing site, I noticed on my "related pages" aren't showing up in the admin panel as checkboxes anymore. They still list as they should, but I can't choose any of them.
I tried my best to upgrade as meticulously as I could but I'm wondering if this is a known issue or if anyone else has noticed this after using this new release.

Has anyone else noticed a change to related pages showing up in Admin as no longer checkboxes?

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

CLARIFICATION:
To clarify what I'm saying, I'm using Related Pages in the admin section to be able to use cloned pages and choose exactly which page this cloned page will show up on. So, if a new Portfolio page is created, then it shows up on the cloneable page for Portfolio Video as a choice. That way, when I video is uploaded (or the embed code provided) on this cloned page, then the user can choose which portfolio page or pages the video shows up on. All made possible by:
<cms:editable type='relation' name='portfolio_video' masterpage='portfolio.php' />

and
<cms:reverse_related_pages masterpage="portfolio_video.php" 'portfolio_video'>
<cms:show_repeatable 'video_embeds' >
                        <li class="span3">
                          <div align="center" style="background-color:rgba(<cms:php>echo(rand(0,255));</cms:php>,<cms:php>echo(rand(0,255));</cms:php>,<cms:show k_page_id />,.8);" >
                            <cms:if local_or_embed='local' >
                              <video height="172" width="260" controls>
                                <source src="<cms:show mp4_source/>" type="video/mp4" />
                                <source src="<cms:show webm_source/>" type="video/webm" />
                                <source src="<cms:show ogv_source/>" type="video/ogv" />
                                <p>Your browser doesn't support HTML 5 video.</p>
                              </video>
                              <cms:set has_vid='1' 'global' />
                              <cms:else_if em_vimeo />
                              <cms:do_shortcodes>[vimeo height="172" width="260"
                                <cms:show em_vimeo />
                                ]</cms:do_shortcodes>
                              <cms:else />
                              <cms:do_shortcodes>[youtube height="172" width="260"
                                <cms:show em_youtube />
                                ]</cms:do_shortcodes>
                            </cms:if>
                            <h3 style="color:#ccc; text-align:center; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #222;">
                              <cms:show video_title />
                            </h3>
                            <p style="color:#fff; text-align:center;text-shadow: 2px 2px 7px #000;">
                              <cms:show video_desc />
                            </p>
                          </div>
                        </li>
                      </cms:show_repeatable>
                    </cms:reverse_related_pages>

But since the upgrade, the listing of the pages in admin show up, but don't have the checkboxes.
@scratz, we haven't had any such report before. The checkboxes are still there and should be selectable.
Could you please try a different browser and see if it is not a browser specific issue?

Also, could you please download the version of Couch available from GitHub (https://github.com/CouchCMS/CouchCMS) and try that - it contains several changes and fixes. Perhaps that would help?

Do let us know. Thanks.
Thank you for your response KK. You are an amazing worker and I always appreciate you taking time to answer everything you do. It's pretty impressive :D

I read up the 9 pages of this post and saw where you said the Github version had more current fixes so I d/l'd it before I wrote the last edit to my note and the checkboxes still weren't there.

I tried Chrome, IE, FF and Opera and still, no checkboxes.

As you mentioned I didn't see any other post with this issue, but I wonder if anyone who has upgraded is using related pages in the admin section and could verify.

Sorry to be a bother. You put so much work, time and effort into this. I may just rebuild starting with the 2.0 version. My site could definitely use a cleaning :)
Thank you very much for the kind words @scratz :)

but I wonder if anyone who has upgraded is using related pages in the admin section and could verify.
Even I'd like to know this. Would be great if our other users could chip in please.
UPDATE
So I created a brand new site with the intention of only discovering if there are indeed checkboxes in Admin with related pages and I can confirm using the the new Couch version 2 that there are indeed checkboxes in Admin when related pages are utilized.

So, something must have been amiss with I upgraded from my previous couch installation that would cause this action. I guess I will go over everything with a fine-tooth comb to see what I may have missed in my transfer or maybe even have overwritten (or I guess anything)

KK, or anyone else, would you maybe be able to narrow down the pages I might start from, a place that you might suspect the issue would lie?

Either way, I'll post my findings when I discover the issue.

Thanks everybody :D

UPDATE:

I have noticed that if I use the has='one' parameter on the relation tag I will get the dropdown box, therefore am able to choose a many to one relationship. It works for what I need, but will continue to look into why the checkboxes don't show up.

UPDATE/SOLUTION:
The issue must have been when I upgraded and copied some old files over. I tried to do it carefully, but obviously something important got deleted or replaced. I still haven't found out exactly what was the code that did it, but I upgraded and only changed out the config file, then every time my site gave me a 'this is missing' error I would replace just that missing file.

So I guess the takeaway is that the upgrade needs to be done very carefully with distinct file transfers from the old directory to the new. And as always, ALWAYS make backups.

Thanks all! this is a great community!!
What a time to return to CouchCMS. Just another thank you from me as well.
Also, would like to tease about Redactor, been waiting for that thing for what is like 2 years now, and I hope it's soonish now. :)

Just a quick question, what is the alternative to .htaccess, if my server runs nginx (haven't tested yet) - but from theory (.htaccess == apache), the pretty links shouldn't work, right?

I need to convert rewrite rules to nginx and work that way? I guess I could chip in time and make gen_nginx.php addon, just from taking a look at original one (gen_htaccess.php).
Thank you @lolsteamroller :)

Regarding nginx, perhaps you'll find the following post useful -
https://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopi ... 762#p19762

I guess I could chip in time and make gen_nginx.php addon, just from taking a look at original one (gen_htaccess.php)
That would be awesome :)
Previous 1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 9 of 24