Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 8 of 24
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24 Next
KK wrote:
KK, is there a way to manually sort the order cloned pages within folder listings
Yes, indeed there is. It is described in the first post of this very thread.

Thanks, found it and tried it.

I am noticing that when I select the down or up arrows, after adding the code to make a clonable template sortable, the tooltips are not disappearing. Tried on Safari and Chrome, same result.

Attachments

@Blutbaden, I couldn't replicate the issue using the installation zip available from the first post of this thread (neither have I received any other such report).

The source code available from GitHub, though, did have a glitch in up/down display (it is a work-in-progress and we are updating it almost daily). @cheesypoof has fixed that just a while back.

If you had, by any chance, installed the GitHub version, please download the latest source from there and do let us know if it helps.

Thanks.
KK you genius thank you so much!

Looking forward to playing.

i have two questions:

1. The movement away from mysql has started and more are taking to MariaDB. What is couch cms position on this and as mysql and maria forks diverage more and more will this impact me if i choose to go with maria DB. Your the only system i use, but im prone to follow opensource more the coperate. thats my only reason for wanting to move to Maria DB

2. Now the Admin side is done, Is it a case of using the new fetures to create a more advance shopping cart, or is that a module that is in the pipeline.

Thanks again for your incredible work!
Thanks @apeccms :)

As it happens, @trendoman is testing out Couch on MariaDB at this very moment :)
MariaDB is supposed to be a 'drop-in' replacement for MySQL so should work without any changes for now.

As for the advanced shopping cart, sure we can now use the new featured to create an advanced solution. I am also mulling over the possibility of creating an out-of-the-box full fledged e-commerce solution based on Couch. Right now it is only conceptual though.
Thanks KK

As he is testing it, does this mean couch will also offically develop and set mariadb as "system requirements".

Would it be worth while creating a forum for user created advance shopping cart features and how too's?

thanks again
apeccms wrote: Thanks KK

As he is testing it, does this mean couch will also offically develop and set mariadb as "system requirements".

Would it be worth while creating a forum for user created advance shopping cart features and how too's?

thanks again

1. I vote 'no'
  2. I vote 'yes' (with conditions)

Thanks for this opportunity, I posted something about mariadb for you in a new thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10320
Finally, v2 is coming.

Haven't test it yet, is it now in responsive layout?

And when will it be published officially? I would like to purchase the commercial license.
If it possible to add one more button, "save and back"?

One user click on it, it will display save message and redirect back to parent template.

Example, I have a photo gallery folder, which consists over hundred products and user bulk upload it. it is really not that convenience to click the folder every time. User probably just changing the name, once they click on "save and back", they just redirect back to related folder content then they can just easily click on second products and rename it without choose the folder everytime.

As I noticed, most of the current CMS system, they do consists this few buttons to make the system user friendly, "save", "save and back", "view".

Please take note, the redirect is not just go back to parent/sub folder/page, it should go back to related pages. For example, I am editing a product from "bedroom" folder, page 2, after I edit it, and click "save and back" button, it will go back to the bedroom folder and page 2.

Or perhaps we can just make it easy, to just let the button redirect to previous page. But for this case, the system have to detect if the template has sub-folders or clonable pages, if it does, it will show three buttons, "save", "save and back" and "view". If it doesn't, it will simply just show "save" and "view" buttons, so it won't redirect to non-related previous page.

This is really quite a important feature to me, I create quite a lot of projects which required to upload more than 100 products/categories. I've accepted complaining about limited search function, "save without redirect" and "save without alert" problem. Hopefully it can be fixed within this version.

Thanks.
@KK,

For the search function, do you remember that you have created a search function which can search less 4 characters, as we discussed in this post, viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9789.

Any chance that you could added it in new version of CMS?
@nsy, could you please download v2.0 from https://github.com/CouchCMS/CouchCMS and try that? You'll find that now when the user clicks the template name on top of the edit-page, she is sent back to the listing but now it remembers what folder was last clicked.

Please let me know of that helps.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 8 of 24