Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 11 of 24
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24 Next
Trel wrote: If I wanted to upgrade my install to 2.0 right now, is it recommended to use the attachment in the first post or to download a clone of the github repo?

The github repo is more up to date, so I would recommend that option. :)
Mako88 wrote: It looks like the "generate .htaccess" link on the admin panel doesn't include the
Code: Select all
</IfModule>
at the bottom.

Thanks again for all you do on CouchCMS! It really is the best CMS in existence! :)

This has now been rectified.
cheesypoof wrote:
Mako88 wrote: It looks like the "generate .htaccess" link on the admin panel doesn't include the
Code: Select all
</IfModule>
at the bottom.

Thanks again for all you do on CouchCMS! It really is the best CMS in existence! :)

This has now been rectified.

Good to hear! Thanks! :)
Hi
I have templates that have folders - currently Folder button has a global name Manage Folders -I know that I can replace that name globally, but this is not a good option
For example, I have a template named Male and another template named Women
The question is - can you do so that when this button is displayed in the template named Men be named "Management of men" and, respectively, when displayed in a template Women bear the name "Management of women"?

I think that this can be done in version 2 with tag admin_actions but how?
And yet - when we are in folders on how to change the name of a button to New Man (New Woman)
Thanks!
@orbital, If you so wish, the text of the folder button can be changed using just a bit of PHP event handler.

That said, as a matter of fact, I deliberately skipped making this text user configurable through the template.
The reason being that there are several more spots in the admin panel where you'll see the term 'folder' being mentioned.

If we chose to use a different term (as you wish) on the folder management button, it'd be confusing for the user if the same term is not used everywhere else (doing which won't be as simple as with the button).

Another potential problem, to my mind, was that the term 'folder' is consistently used throughout all templates. The user is likely to grasp the connotation of this (e.g. a 'folder' is meant to group together related pages - men or women).

IMHO, it should be better if we keep using the original terminology.

If, however, you still wish to pursue this further let me know and I'll prepare the code for you.
Hello KK, thanks for support,
I long thought whether to pray for this change - of course you are right - in many places appears the word Folder.
I will try to present the situation so:
Let us all continue to show templates "Manage Folders". If in a template is placed php code - folder button can have custom label. For example template Men have a label in folder button "Manage Men" and so on.
I think it's a good idea.
Also it would be good and "Add New" button to get a custom label "Add new man"
I believe that there will be other girls who will use this acquisition.
Thanks in advance! ;)
@KK, With the new method of defining groups, I was really hoping it would be possible to have nested groups. Is this something we can hope for in the future?

A good example use-case is the homepage of a site I'm working on. It has several different "sections" and within each of these sections can be multiple sub-groups of content (such as an icon/title/text). Makes sense to group those together to stop the admin page becoming cluttered. But also makes sense to further group those together only to be opened when working on that section of the page.

I was sad to see this is not possible, perhaps I am wrong? Is there a way, or, will there be in the future?
@Bartonsweb, actually Couch, per se, would have no problem however many levels you nest the templates.
The two level limitation is that of the admin theme displaying the sidebar. For keeping things simple, it expects only two levels of nesting and goes no further into the tree.

So to answer your question - I'm afraid it won't be possible with the current theme.
You are free, however, to try and override the sidebar snippet used by the theme and make it show more levels.
sorry @KK, perhaps I didn't explain properly. I should've mentioned editables, haha. I meant nesting of editable region groups!
'groups' within 'groups'?
I am sorry, but not currently possible.
Previous 1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 11 of 24