Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 18 of 24
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24 Next
Just upgraded to v2(20160523) from github and have a small issue. My first template has the title ("Right Sidebar and Homepage Heading") positioned below the brown background. Is this because the title is too long (wraps in the display on the right side)?
Also, is there going to be a separate forum for v2? This thread is now over 17 pages!
Hi Everyone,

i updated from 1.4 to 2.0b, but, i dont use on the old version mysql, i use mysqli and i change the code of header.php with this

Code: Select all

if( !extension_loaded('mysql') ){
        //die( 'MySQL extension missing from your host\'s PHP installation' );
        include_once( K_COUCH_DIR . 'includes/mysql2i/mysql2i.class.php' );
    }

Could i use the version 2.0b with Mysqli ??

Mysql class is deprecated! :(
I change the code on the header.php v 2.0b but look at this ....

Code: Select all
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KFuncs has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/functions.php</b> on line <b>45</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KError has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/functions.php</b> on line <b>4340</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KContext has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/parser.php</b> on line <b>60</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KNode has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/parser.php</b> on line <b>286</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KParser has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/parser.php</b> on line <b>440</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KHTMLNode has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/HTMLParser.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KHTMLNode::get_info() should be compatible with KNode::get_info($level = 0) in <b>/couch/parser/HTMLParser.php</b> on line <b>279</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KHTMLParser has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/HTMLParser.php</b> on line <b>281</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KBBNode has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/BBParser.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KBBParser has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/parser/BBParser.php</b> on line <b>166</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KKeyword has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/search.php</b> on line <b>41</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KRange has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/search.php</b> on line <b>140</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KDB has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/db.php</b> on line <b>55</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KAuth has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/auth/auth.php</b> on line <b>50</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; PasswordHash has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/auth/PasswordHash.php</b> on line <b>30</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KUser has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/auth/user.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KWebpage has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/page.php</b> on line <b>43</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KField has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>41</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KFieldUser has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>866</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KFieldForm::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>996</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KPageFolderIDField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1035</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KFolderIDField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1050</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KPublishDateField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1127</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KSingleCheckField has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1152</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KSingleCheckField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1195</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KAccessLevel::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1234</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KNestedPagesField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1264</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KUserDefinedField has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1320</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KExif::get_data() should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::get_data($for_ctx = 0) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1541</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KSingleCheckFieldForm has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1544</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KSingleCheckFieldForm::handle_params($params) should be compatible with KUserDefinedFormField::handle_params($params, $node) in <b>/couch/field.php</b> on line <b>1586</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KNestable has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/folder.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KFolder has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/folder.php</b> on line <b>389</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KNestedPage has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/folder.php</b> on line <b>814</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KAdminMenuItem has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/folder.php</b> on line <b>1353</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Route has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/route.php</b> on line <b>12</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Repeatable has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/addons/repeatable/repeatable.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of Repeatable::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra1 = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/repeatable/repeatable.php</b> on line <b>589</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of Repeatable::get_data() should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::get_data($for_ctx = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/repeatable/repeatable.php</b> on line <b>589</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KSession has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/addons/cart/session.php</b> on line <b>40</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; SecureFile has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/securefile.php</b> on line <b>41</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of SecureFile::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra1 = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/securefile.php</b> on line <b>583</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of SecureFile::get_data() should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::get_data($for_ctx = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/securefile.php</b> on line <b>583</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KDateTime::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra = '') should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::_render($input_name, $input_id, $extra1 = '', $dynamic_insertion = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/datetime.php</b> on line <b>350</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KDateTime::get_data() should be compatible with KUserDefinedField::get_data($for_ctx = 0) in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/datetime.php</b> on line <b>350</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; KDateTimeForm has a deprecated constructor in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/datetime.php</b> on line <b>353</b><br />
<br />
<b>Warning</b>:  Declaration of KDateTimeForm::handle_params($params) should be compatible with KUserDefinedFormField::handle_params($params, $node) in <b>/couch/addons/data-bound-form/datetime.php</b> on line <b>387</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Non-static method KFuncs::is_title_clean() should not be called statically in <b>/couch/header.php</b> on line <b>377</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Non-static method KFuncs::_handle_extends() should not be called statically in <b>/couch/event.php</b> on line <b>97</b><br />
<br />
<b>Deprecated</b>:  Non-static method KFuncs::_handle_extends() should not be called statically in <b>/couch/event.php</b> on line <b>97</b><br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />

:oops:
@juanchos77,
Please download and use the v2.0 available at GitHub -
https://github.com/CouchCMS/CouchCMS

That contains fixes for all the issues reported n v2.0 so far - which includes the warnings you experienced.
@cheesypoof: The patches worked fine, thanks!

Now another issue: I selected a page in admin and created a draft from it. I went into "Drafts", opened the new draft for editing and made some changes, then saved. I wanted to check out what the changes would look like on the site so I clicked the VIEW button. Problem is that it showed me the current live page instead of the draft I had saved. Bug, or do I misunderstand how this should work?
@wysocki
Problem is that it showed me the current live page instead of the draft I had saved.

I tested but couldn't replicate your observed behavior. Drafts seem to working as expected for me.

Could you please test out more with other templates and let us know if you are getting this consistently?
KK:
This may be a misunderstanding on my part. When I click the VIEW button at the bottom of the editing window, Couch shows me the current live page from the website. I was thinking that if I'm into a draft making a bunch of changes, I'd like to see how this would look if I went live with it (by clicking "Update Original") but there's no way to see a live version of my edited draft then, right?

I would think the VIEW button would show me a live version of the page as it exists at the moment in my editor since I can easily open another browser tab to take a look at the live version if I wish. I experience this behavior in all my templates. Let me know if I'm just using Couch wrong or if you'd like to take a look at my admin page yourself (I emailed you user/password back on May 9.)
@wysocki, could you please PM me the access creds once again?
Thanks.
Thanks for the creds @wysocki.

I checked and everything seemed to be working as expected.
As to what this 'expected' behavior was, allow me to take you step-by-step to show it to you -

In your 'Articles' template you have only one cloned page that already has a draft. Click on this page (mind you - I mean the main page and not its draft) to fire up the edit screen. Don't edit anything, just click the 'View' button at the bottom. It will load the page as seen on the front-end. I want you to take a look at the URL in the browser and note the numeric ID - it shows the following to me
"articles.php?p=20". So the main page has an ID of 20.

Now go back into the admin panel but this time into the Drafts section. It shows a few drafts out of which one belongs to the page we saw above. Click it to open its edit screen. Once again don't edit anything just click the 'View' button. This will show the page as seen on the front-end. Note the ID in the URL. It shows me -
"articles.php?p=180" So this page has an ID of 180 which clearly show that this draft page is a different page from the main page. Some of the text in the draft is also different and you can see that.

And that is how drafts work. Clicking on the view button loads up the draft page itself and not the main page.

Could you please let me know if you were expecting a different workflow?

Thanks.
Previous 1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 18 of 24