Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 5 of 24
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24 Next
http://ckeditor.com/demo is working on Android 5.1 - standard browser and chrome
@Mako88,
I don't know if this has changed with 2.0 or has always been the case, but I'm currently using custom 403 and 404 error pages.

With pretty URLs enabled, if I go to non-valid URL, the URL that shows my 404 page becomes "mysite.com/the/full/path/to/my/site" which seems like a security concern to me

I rechecked how 404 is behaving in v2.0 and could find nothing amiss.

Perhaps your issue has got something to do with your local configuration?
Are you sure the highlighted line is uncommented and set properly in .htaccess (specifying sub-folder if required) -
#If you wish to use a custom 404 page, place a file named 404.php in your website's root and uncomment the line below.
#If your website is installed in a subfolder, change the line below to reflect the path to the subfolder.
#e.g. for http://www.example.com/subdomain1/subdomain2/ make it ErrorDocument 404 /subdomain1/subdomain2/404.php
#ErrorDocument 404 /404.php
@tim, @cl
I'll prepare and get you the latest version of CKEditor for Couch v2.0 shortly.
Hopefully it'll rectify the issue.
@tim, @cl
I am attaching the latest version of CKEditor adapted for Couch.
Please test it out (delete or rename the existing 'ckeditor' folder within 'couch/includes' and replace it the folder contained in the zip) and let me know if it works well.

Attachments

Kamran you are TOP!!! I can confirm the editor shows up at Android 5.1 Chrome and standard Browser.

Thank You
Thank you @cl for testing it out :)
I can commit the change to my repository now.
Thanks Kamran for the CKEditor update. This makes a huge improvement, being able to work with richtext on Android. As mentioned previously in this thread, the KCFinder file browser wasn't working on my touch screen. I applied the patch (viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10251) and it's all good, although it took a little experimentation to work out the correct touch gestures.

One small discrepancy I noted: from the CKEditor, the file browser opens in a different tab rather than as an overlay. It's the same behavior as the desktop, but on a touch device there's more conceptual distance between separate windows, and the styles are not exactly optimized. It looks quite a bit different from the overlay that pops up from an image-type editable region. I don't particularly mind; just thought I'd mention it.

By the way, congratulations on finally releasing v2.0. Your hard work and dogged persistence is greatly appreciated!

@cheesypoof: It's good to finally get to enjoy your "new" admin panel theme, but I have to say I'm a bit reluctant to let go of your previous responsive admin theme. Thanks!
@KK

Thanks for Couch 2.0! :D

It seems that the ckeditor config.js has no effect on ckeditor in Couch. I am using the version of ckeditor you posted 4 posts back.
@hjd, from what I could gather there is no change in the format of config.js files between the two versions. Perhaps it is a cache issue? - please try emptying your browser's cache and see if it helps.

Please post exactly what you are trying to change using the config file and we can test if that works for us or not.
KK wrote: @hjd, from what I could gather there is no change in the format of config.js files between the two versions. Perhaps it is a cache issue? - please try emptying your browser's cache and see if it helps.

Please post exactly what you are trying to change using the config file and we can test if that works for us or not.

Well... that was apparently the problem :oops:
I changed it in the old version and it didn't need the cache cleared, but that was the problem.

Thanks and sorry for bugging you about this! :roll:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 5 of 24