Important announcements from CouchCMS team
237 posts Page 14 of 24
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24 Next
KK wrote: @RREDesigns, the time has given us the opportunity to iron out all kinks and bugs reported since its first release (see the version on GitHub for what I mean).

Anyway, it is almost time now to make v2.0 the main version. Shouldn't be long..

Great news. I was in fear to try V2.0 with my main project because I thought it was too buggy to offer it as the main download. I will make a test drive then. :D

Thanks for this excelent product. :D
Really swell. I actually met couch in version 2.0 so LUCKY ME :D :D :D

I'm not sure if they are bugs or maybe just settings I should implement but the search seems to be misbehaving:

1. when enabled it completely turns of the 'limit' functionality allowing only the default 15 items per page

2. It only searches the titles. My posts are about music having album and musician names as what is likely to be searched since multiple posts can share the same musicians. When I search for musician names, no result comes up.

So i have to choose between the not so functional search or the limits. I chose the limiting functionality :) . I would really love to have both though.
@craigikonne, I just checked to see for myself if search messes up the limit parameter.
From what I could see, nothing seemed amiss. While searching, the number of pages found is bound to be smaller but that does not affect the number of pages shown in a paginated set.

Could you please test it out once again using a smallish number for 'limit' (e.g. 3) and let me know if you still think something is wrong?

Thanks.
@KK Thanks for looking into it.

It was actually my bad.
I was separating the tags like this:
Code: Select all
<cms:config_list_view limit='17' / >
   <cms:config_list_view searchable='1' />

I guess the functionality was cascading, hence only the searchable tag was being observed.

Changing it to
<cms:config_list_view searchable='1' limit='17' /> 
did the job.

The only problem now is that the search doesn't return any results even when title names are searched. Pls what could possibly be the problem?
@KK Here's a tricky one for you, :lol:

I have user-submitted cloned-pages in a template. In the list-view I'd like to show which user submitted the page, so we don't have to look through every cloned page to find a specific user.
<cms:config_list_view>
    <cms:field 'k_selector_checkbox' />
    <cms:field 'k_page_title' />
    <cms:field 'k_comments_count' />
    <cms:field 'k_page_foldertitle' />
    <cms:field 'k_page_date' />
    <cms:field 'k_actions' />
</cms:config_list_view>

The editable field that saves the user who created the page is a relation to the user template. So, obviously I can't show it just with <cms:field 'page_user' /> (name of the relation). Is it possible to output the relation user on the list-view, or am I hoping for too much?

EDIT: Nevermind, I can show anything inside of <cms:field> </cms:field> - did not expect that to work! Very nice work KK.
@Bartonsweb, could you please share the final solution? I am sure it'll be useful to many others trying to do the same thing.
Thanks.
KK wrote: @Bartonsweb, could you please share the final solution? I am sure it'll be useful to many others trying to do the same thing.
Thanks.

Sure. The same way it would be shown on the front end, inside of the <cms:field> tag. -

<cms:field 'ticket_user' header='Username' >
   <cms:related_pages 'ticket_user' ><cms:show k_page_title /></cms:related_pages>
   </cms:field>
Thanks Dave :)
I seem to be getting this error after I added the code below:

Could not successfully run query: Duplicate column name 'searchable'

Code:
   <cms:config_list_view orderby='weight' order='desc' searchable='1'>
      <cms:field 'k_selector_checkbox' />
      <cms:field 'k_page_title' sortable='1' />
      <cms:field 'k_comments_count' />
      <cms:field 'k_page_foldertitle' />
      <cms:field 'k_up_down' />
      <cms:field 'k_page_date' />
      <cms:field 'k_actions' />
   </cms:config_list_view>
@tonjaggart, I tested your code but couldn't replicate the issue.

What puzzles me is that the 'searchable' duplicate column mentioned in the error message actually refers to the 'searchable' parameter of <cms:editable /> tag and not that of <cms:config_list_view />. Could you please check if any of your editable regions has also been declared as searchable recently?
Previous 1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24 Next
237 posts Page 14 of 24