Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I am wonder is that possible to add a 'back' button in gallery admin panel?

Hi nsy,

Work is in progress on a new admin-panel design. Hopefully you'll get a better user-experience with that.

For now, what is wrong with simply pressing the browser's back button? Admittedly, after a save, you'll have to click it twice (first will go to the same edit page as the save process had redirected to the same location to refresh) but the next click will take you whichever screen you were originally on (the listing within the folder in your case).

Please let me know.
I'm sure we could add some type of breadcrumbs listing to show the folder hierarchy. That should be a sufficient solution. Regarding your other point, there will be some type of save indicator/feedback; I haven't looked into it yet though...

In the meantime, you can just open the product page in a new tab/window with a middle mouse click. When you finish making your changes and save, close that new tab/window and you will still have the previous listing page open.
hi, Thanks for the reply.

But it's requested from my client, Can I get any suggestions from your side about adding 'back' button and show message after saving completed?

Or is that any way that I can make 'save' button acts like back button? after user clicked save, it will automatically redirect back to previous page after 3 seconds...

About the saving completed message, I understand why customer request it, people get used to seen this kind of message after action completed. Such as, when you sign up a account, when the whole process completed, it will tell you whether or not the action is success.

I noticed that the member section also got this kind of problem. Every time I change the password / create new account in admin panel, it does not show message about successfully updated / created, it just simply blank the fields after I clicked save. Thus I didn't know was the action completed or not. It show at least show simple message or redirect back to previous page, so user knew that the action is completed.

By the way, Million thanks for you guys' help. I really need that.
Ok, KK. I have tried your pressing the browser's back button. Here is my problem, If I do that, the browser go back to previous page without refresh the edited info, such as title.

That's why I want to do a back button that going back with refreshed page / updated info page.

Or just like I said, the save button act like redirect page function, of course redirected to refreshed page. Something like you did in your forum, every time we post reply, it will auto redirected back the post page with refreshed content.

I really really really need that. Please give me your advised. Thanks.
Try something like that

<a href='javascript:window.location = document.referrer;'>Back</a>
I have tried your pressing the browser's back button. Here is my problem, If I do that, the browser go back to previous page without refresh the edited info, such as title.
True. But I had mentioned that in my suggestion -
Admittedly, after a save, you'll have to click it twice (first will go to the same edit page as the save process had redirected to the same location to refresh) but the next click will take you whichever screen you were originally on (the listing within the folder in your case).

Clicking back again when at the 'unrefreshed' page will get you back to the folder's listing.

See, nsy, as I said we are working on a new admin-panel so we won't be able to make any changes to the existing one, I'm afraid. The newer version will have all the UX improvements (success message etc.) that you mentioned.

In the meanwhile, you can try @Paolo's suggestion. You can 'inject' the JS button into the edit page using editable region of type 'message'.
Custom edit screen could be a potential temporary solution for the success message - docs/concepts/databound-forms.html.
8 posts Page 1 of 1