Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
I get a 403 page with the message:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /couch/ on this server.

Whenever I embed a Soundcloud embed on my hosting provider. It runs fine on my own server, or my laptop. In both those environments I am running nginx though. Here's an example of a soundcloud iframe that creates the problem.
Code: Select all
<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/65332443&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false"></iframe>

Youtube, Vimeo, and Bandcamp iframe embeds all work no problem, but I can't get the soundcloud embed into the database because the 403 error is generated. I find no error log on my hosting provider, but I do have a ticket that they have not responded to yet with respect to that.

Here is how I have defined the editable region:
Code: Select all
   <cms:editable name='blog_audio_embed' type='textarea'
       label='Soundcloud/Bandcamp Embed Code'
      desc='Best if you only use the part between "<iframe> ... </iframe>" inclusive.'
        no_xss_check='1'
        group='blog_media'
   />

I can omit soundcloud embeds if I have to, but I am curious if anyone has seen anything like it. When I searched the forum, the only thing similar had to do with on page editing and databound forms. In this case it is the regular backend producing the error.

I have tried to make sure all my permissons are as they should be, and used sitescan.php to make sure and verify.
Hi,

Thanks for the creds you PMed me.

I've run across this problem a few times before - you hit 'save' and the server responds with
"403 Forbidden You don't have permission to access /couch/ on this server".

Each time the problem was tracked to some security-hardening mod on the server (e.g. suhosin) that freaks out upon encountering certain text in the posted content.

In your case, it turns out to be the '%' character in width="100%".
Try removing it and the page should save fine (it is for me, at least).

As to why this particular character - I've no clue. I found it by trial-n-error.
Your host probably would be able to help. I can only assure you that the problem is not Couch related.

Thanks.
KK,

I have to say you and cheesypoof are truly amazing, :D. CouchCMS has not gotten that big yet, so it is possible for you to do it, but you and cheesypoof give better support than a lot of commercial organizations. I really appreciate not only your support efforts, but the time and thought that has clearly been put into design. Except for the uploading to the media dir, which I figured wasn't about your design choices, everything I have found myself wanting to do Couch has a straight forward, and usually elegant, solution already built in. Although I've not taken PHP programming seriously, and do know there actually is a lot of quality PHP software out there, it is Couch that is going to get me to start learning PHP for real. I am looking forward to it.

I will be filing a support issue with my hosting provider on further inspection, and see if there is anything they can do about it, :?: . I never thought it was Couch, but I figured anothfer pair of eyes gracious enough to look at it would be useful. I also felt that leaving a record that someone else may find, could assist them with relating to a similar issue. Thank you for your time, efforts, and product, :!: .
You are welcome, @atenhotep and thank you very much indeed for your kind words :)
No hosting support ticket needed. Yes! :D They're much less valueable at support than the Couch team.

Changing '%' to its HTML code '&#37;' worked.

Maybe that should have been obvious if I were really a web developer, but I am not. It has taken finding Couch for me to actually enjoy building a website. Now, if someone else has this issue, they have a possible good solution for them documented in the forum. :)

Edit: I may file that support ticket anyways. The '%' char shows up in other embeds all the time, and is never an issue. If it is their secutity module, it is a PITA :x , and should be fixed.
Thank you for sharing the solution :)
6 posts Page 1 of 1