Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi

I have a site coded in html which contains the same sidebar on each page. The same short News-items are displayed on every page. How would I go about making a single "News"-panel in the admin section which updates the info on all pages? I figured I'd make a seperate news.php-File and somehow incorporate it in each page but I somehow can't make it work. IS Masterpages teh way to go?
Also I want to be able to add new News-Items in the Admin section. I'm guessing this would be done through the "cms:repeatable", right?

Thanks for any advice.
Hi,

Please see the 'Global values' section of the following page from docs -
http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tutorials/ ... -ends.html

Hope this helps.
Thanks for the very quick response.

It helped a lot. I was able to use the global values and now I can display the values on any page I want.

What I'm not able to do is to make the values of a repeatable region accessible through the global values-thing. So now I can have only a fixed amount of News-Items displayed. What I wanted to do though was to let the user decide (through repeatable regions) how many news-items there would be.

Any way I could do that?
I'm not able to do is to make the values of a repeatable region accessible through the global values-thing
There should be no problem in accessing Repeatable regions Please try this -
Code: Select all
<cms:pages masterpage='globals.php' limit='1'>
   <cms:show_repeatable 'whatever_the_name' >
      ... repeatable data available here ...
   </cms:show_repeatable>
</cms:pages>

Does this help?
4 posts Page 1 of 1