Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I don't know why but a lot of my websites aren't picked up by search engines and/or when they do it takes a long time before they are added. Even when I manually submit a new created website.

My index.php point to .html files like so:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once( 'couch/cms.php' ); ?>

<cms:embed 'head.inc' />
<cms:embed 'header.html' />
<cms:embed 'content.html' />
<cms:embed 'contact.html' />
<cms:embed 'footer.inc' />

<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

Before I started using Couch my websites got indexed pretty fast (within days) something that should also be possible with this Couch. Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong or come up with a working solution?

Thanks
Gizmo, I can assure you that the search engines would have no idea that your site is running on a CMS -
if you've turned on prettyURLs, your URL structure should look like static files. It cannot be any more SEO friendly than this. Turn on caching and you actually *do* serve static HTML files.

The cms:embed you mentioned don't turn up in the generated page. The HTML produced is all yours - Couch doesn't add a byte of its own (do a view:source and confirm this).

So really there is nothing that Couch has added to the mix that would prevent search engines from indexing your site.

I've seen Couch sites getting indexed in a matter of literally minutes.

I'd say you please stop worrying about Couch being a cause for the problem and focus on other factors.

Thanks.
KK good to know it hasn't anything to do with Couch. I just wanted to be sure about it.

That means back to the SEO Cheat Sheet (http://d2eeipcrcdle6.cloudfront.net/seo-cheat-sheet/SEOCheatSheet_2-2013.pdf) and see if I missed something.
My sites are crawled perfectly and fast. Couch processes a HTML-file and has no impact on Crawlers.
* * * * * * I LOVE COUCH CMS - flexible and straight forward * * * * * *
4 posts Page 1 of 1