Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
I have added a database of cities from http://www.geonames.org to my couch database.

I would like to be able to use this locations with my existing products masterpage to generate a new page that outputs something like Book this {product} in this {location}. Subsequently when a user is in this page i want them to be able to see nearby locations where a similar product is available.

Is this possible? Is there a shortcut? Kindly assist.

I have attached a png diagram that shows what i want to achieve.

Attachments

Hi,

I'm sure the imported database contains the latitude and longitude coordinates for the places. So that makes it almost the same as @cheesypoof's solution here - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7504

Can you please let us know why you feel (as it seems from your post in that thread) this use-case is different?

Thanks.
Thank you KK for your quick reply,

I actually found cheesypoof's solution when i was searching for users who have implemented geocoding with couch. I've tried implementing the solution here > viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7504 < however my target users do not know the post code of the locations so a location search by post code will not achieve the solution i had in mind. I would like to implement a search by location and then output the result as a page related to my products page.

Is there a similar solution in the forum, if not what is the shortcut or how do i adopt cheesypoof's solution in a simpler way?

Once again, thank you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1