Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
@All: Greetings! :)

I have uploaded a test page for a flipbook that I am doing for my client. The book is working fine and I have been able to use Couch Tags to get the images into the JavaScript which is storing the pages in an array format.

Please have a look: http://www.genxcoders.in/test

The Client saw the same and is happy enough. Now what is required is that, there is a need of emailing the images (flipbook pages). The images need to be emailed as:
1. Single image (page) of the flipbook at a time.
or
2. Multiple images (pages) of the flipbook at a time.

Is this in the scope of couch. If so, please guide me for the same.

Regards,
Aashish.
where innovation meets technology
Not sure about that Aashish. From what I could see, the flipbook is a Flash application.
@KK Sir,

Yes sir it is a flash frontend. But the pages are being controlled by a JavaScript. And are also being uploaded through Couch at the backend.

I mean, that since we are uploading the images (flipbook pages) through Couch, we have them in the /uploads/image/ folder. Can we not hook something up from which these images can be referenced to, from the database on demand, and forwarded as an attachment or in the mail body.

Regards,
Aashish
OK, got it.

Couch's cms:send_mail tag, as you know, does not support attachments.
However, people have successfully used PHPMailer library as an alternative to cms:send_mail.
You can find an example here - viewtopic.php?p=16802#p16802

Point is that PHPMailer also allows creating attachments. You'll have to go through its documentation online but I'm sure you'll be able to send the uploaded images as mail attachments easily using it.

Hope this helps.
@KK Sir,

Thanks for the hint... I will get on with it right away... Thanks a ton sir!!! I will get back soon with the solution or another problem... ;) :lol:

Regards,
Aashish
5 posts Page 1 of 1