Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hi

Today I got 2 different clients mentioning the same problem: a contactform confirmation mail was send multiple times, in the exact way, sometimes to 5 times after each other. I checked it out and the mails are send immediately after each other, sometimes with 1 second between them. Seems to be something automatic?

Is this a recognizable problem within couch?
Is this a recognizable problem within couch?
Never heard of this problem before.

Can you please post the full code of the template containing the form?
Perhaps the problem is code related?
I've put the 2 forms in attachment.
1 is pure contactform, the other is used in a shopping cart setup.

Thanks for looking into it!
in attachment.
I think the attachment failed to come through.
Please zip the files up and PM it to me. Thanks.
Thanks. Had a look and could spot nothing amiss in the code.

One reason for this peculiar happening could be the email queue used by your hosting provider.
Perhaps that is shooting off the emails multiple times.

To verify this hypothesis, please put in a debug='1' in the cms:send_mail tag. This will log the email in a text file while sending it.
If the email gets send multiple times but the log shows it being sent only once, that'll show that the fault is not in the code.
The shopping cart website had already that debug function enabled.
You can see that that the mail indeed was 4 times send.

I also was thinking about some issue with the hosting.
The two websites are hosted with different partners, so I think it's not a problem by a particular company.

Can you get any wiser from the log.txt?

Thanks!
Tell me, Sam - does the multiple send happen every single time the contact form is used or does it happen only randomly?
Randomly, most of the time it's just one mail, but are situations of 2,3,4 to 5 exact mails..
It's very strange. I never came across anything like this.
And since it happens randomly, even if I login to try and troubleshoot the problem myself, I cannot be sure of even encountering the issue. Transient issues are always the most difficult to fix.

Anyway, please PM me FTP+Couch access creds (if you may).
I won't be able to do so today but I'll try to study the problem tomorrow.

Thanks.
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering whether this was fixed. I am getting the exact same problem. I get multiple emails sent to me on empty error forms, and 1 email on fully completed forms, fully completed forms data also gets put into the backend, where the fails only send emails but not added to the back end! Really weird.
11 posts Page 1 of 2