Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

One feature I've been looking into creating a lot recently has been a 'wiki' type template.

To lay it out, what i'm looking to create is a front-end section whereby a user can login and can then use 'inline editing' to edit text on pages within a nested_template that I have.

I do not want these users to be able to login to couches admin panel, they should only be able to edit the one nested_template from the front-end.

It gets a little trickier after that, I'd like for the edited pages to only be saved as a "draft" waiting for approval by me or another couch admin account, once approved i'd like the 'draft' to overwrite the live page for that specific nested page.

I'm not sure if this is doable with native couch, I know there's a lot of new powerful features around the extended_users module and I've created a few myself (a support system, members area, forum-like commenting between users..etc) however this specific project is a little more difficult in terms of requirements.

Mainly requiring the 'draft' save of a page, that will overwrite the live page IF approved by a site admin.

the nested_template in question is very simple, it's just a lot of pages with only one RTE box in. each page then has a bunch of info inside of the richtext editable that I'd like for users to be able to edit (if they've got an account AND a verified email, this part is easy).

so the template currently is just a basic nested_template with a single richtext editable box on it.

Does anyone have any ideas, specifically revolving around the 'draft mode' and whether it is at all possible within couch currently? I would assume it would require a front-end admin panel for admins, at the very least. The issue is, creating 'draft' posts is still difficult, but even more difficult is 'approving' that post and having it overwrite the live page for that page's draft.
Hi David,

creating 'draft' posts is still difficult, but even more difficult is 'approving' that post and having it overwrite the live page for that page's draft.
There can be several ways of implementing this, I think.

One way could be to use a separate template (say, drafts.php) with the same editable regions as the main template. Set relationship between the two templates in a way that one main page can have multiple drafts.

When a user makes the changes, save them as a cloned page of the drafts template. This never gets published is only for your approval. Once approved, move its data into the main page and delete it.

All the above things are doable using cms:db_persist, cms:db_persist_form, cnms:db_delete etc.

Of course, creating a wiki would entail a whole lot of other things but I've restricted my reply to the specific question you posed.
2 posts Page 1 of 1