Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have had the misfortune of a server hard drive corruption, which has crashed my server. However, I have a backup of all the files from my couchcms website and the database (in the form of a .sql file). I have tried to "install" couch again by creating a database (with the same name and credentials as the old one) and then I "restored" the database from the backup .sql file. This seems to work OK (the home page displays OK), however, when I try to visit other pages the server gives a 404 (Page not found) error. Take a look at the site, it's at http://intersectarts.co. This seems very strange, since all the pages and templates are displayed as expected in the admin panel. So my questions are:
1.Is there anything I have missed? I have tried to regenerate the .htaccess file, I have also enabled the mod_rewrite in Apache prior to the restore.
2.What is the recommended procedure for restoring a CouchCMS site?
3. I have a file that has been generated from a gendump, would this help in restoring the site?

Any assistance is appreciated
Hi johannesm,

There are no special steps for restoring a Couch managed site.
Since, as you report, all the pages are visible in the admin-panel, I think the restoration process has been successful.

I'd suggest you please try turning off prettyURLs from the config file and see if the pages become accessible now.

I have a file that has been generated from a gendump, would this help in restoring the site?
This can be the quickest way of restoring a site. You just need to keep the generated install-ex.php file within the 'couch' folder and begin installation. The data would be automatically imported.

You can try doing so even now if the first step discussed (i.e. turning off pretyURLs) does not help -
1. Place the install-ex.php file within the 'couch' folder
2. Edit the couch.config file and set a prefix value in the following setting -
define( 'K_DB_TABLES_PREFIX', '' );
e.g. make it
define( 'K_DB_TABLES_PREFIX', 'test_' );
3. Access the couch folder through your browser - this should begin a fresh install.

Hope this helps.
Please keep us posted.

Thanks.
Hi KK, thanks for the speedy reply. I have turned off the prettyURLs for now and the pages are visible again. However, I would like to ideally keep the prettyURLs feature turned on. Does this mean that Apache's mod_rewrite is not working properly? Or is there something awry with the .htaccess file? I have generated a new one and with prettyURLs on it did not help.
Thanks again.

EDIT
I have figured out the issue. It turned out that the configuration in Apache results in the .htaccess file being ignored. I added

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all

to my configuration file and restarted Apache and all is well.

Thank you so much for your help.
I am glad the issue is solved :)
Thank you for sharing the solution with us.
4 posts Page 1 of 1