Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi
I'm experimenting with the "nested page" technique.
Really like this functionallity!

I already had some clonable page setup where I added the nested_pages='1' in the template tag and where I switched from "pages" to "nested_pages" in the masterpage setup.

It seems that the clonable page is working perfect, the items in the admin area are switched to nested items.

But my content doesn't show up at the webpage...
I have the feeling that this has something to do with the "show" tag?

Thanks for looking into it!

Code of clonable page:

Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Traiteur items' clonable='1' nested_pages='1' order="30">

<cms:editable name='traiteur_title_nl' type='text' label='Titel (NL)' />
    <cms:editable name='traiteur_title_fr' type='text' label='Titel (FR)' />
    <cms:editable name='traiteur_title_en' type='text' label='Titel (EN)' />

<cms:editable name='traiteur_content_nl' type='richtext' label='Inhoud (NL)' />
    <cms:editable name='traiteur_content_fr' type='richtext' label='Inhoud (FR)' />
    <cms:editable name='traiteur_content_en' type='richtext' label='Inhoud (EN)' />

</cms:template>

Code of page where I need the content showing up:

Code: Select all
<cms:nested_pages masterpage='traiteur_item.php'>
              <div id="pane<cms:show k_count />" class="tab-pane <cms:if k_count='1'>active</cms:if>">
                <div class="col-md-12 block">
                  <div class="wrapper text-center">

<h2>
                    <cms:if my_lang='nl'><cms:show traiteur_title_nl /></cms:if>
                    <cms:if my_lang='fr'><cms:show traiteur_title_fr /></cms:if>
                    <cms:if my_lang='en'><cms:show traiteur_title_en /></cms:if>
                  </h2>
                    <p class="text-center">
                     <cms:if my_lang='nl'><cms:show traiteur_content_nl /></cms:if>
                    <cms:if my_lang='fr'><cms:show traiteur_content_fr /></cms:if>
                    <cms:if my_lang='en'><cms:show traiteur_content_en /></cms:if>
                    </p>

</div>
              </div>
            </div>

</cms:nested_pages>
Hi Sam,

Please see this excerpt from the nested_pages documentation at http://www.couchcms.com/docs/tags-refer ... pages.html
By default, in a bid to enhance performance, the custom-field's data (i.e. data within the editable regions) are not made available as the nested_pages tag traverses through the pages in the tree.
If the 'include_custom_fields' is set to '1', all the values within the editable regions of each page are made available as variables named after the regions.
Aha 8-) Thanks for the fast answer!
Where exactly do I add or enable the 'Include_custom_field'?

Thanks!
<cms:nested_pages masterpage='traiteur_item.php' include_custom_fields='1' >
4 posts Page 1 of 1