Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I have been experimenting with CouchCMS for a couple of days now and I am liking what I see so far. However, one issue came up that I have not been able to figure out. When I am editing in a rich text editable field, I can add a picture and that picture will display perfectly fine on computer browsers. However, when I try to view the same picture on different (older) mobile browsers, the images are not rendered.

I think I have isolated the issue to different models:
Android versions 4.4 and up will display images correctly.
Apple iOS version 6 and up will display images correctly.

It appears that phones that are older than that are having issues. Has this issue been brought up before, and has anyone been able to find a fix for this?

Thanks!
Hi cousin46 :)

If I understood the problem right, the images are not getting displayed *within* the richtext editor in the admin-panel, right?

If so, the reason is that CKEditor (the component powering the richtext region) is not yet fully compatible with mobile devices. As discussed a little while back on this forum, they should be able to achieve this compatibility in a few versions from the one that is current.
KK wrote: Hi cousin46 :)

If I understood the problem right, the images are not getting displayed *within* the richtext editor in the admin-panel, right?

If so, the reason is that CKEditor (the component powering the richtext region) is not yet fully compatible with mobile devices. As discussed a little while back on this forum, they should be able to achieve this compatibility in a few versions from the one that is current.

Hello KK,

Actually, the problem is not the editor itself, that is working perfectly! When j add a picture using the editor, and then save my changes, any images that have been added and saved will not show on older versions of mobile browsers. However, computer browsers and newer browsers display the images correctly.
Sorry to double post, but I wanted to add some more information now that I have access to a computer:

One thing to point out that may cause an issue is that I am using a non-standard port to host this testing website. Although I can't imagine that would cause an issues.

When I view the source code on my mobile browser, the image tag is inserted successfully, however, the image does not appear. The part that I am not understanding is that other images that are coded in without the use of the editable fields work fine. See the attached screenshots.

However, when I emulate the site using newer phone's browsers, the image is displayed correctly.

Attachments

That is quite strange, cousin46.

Strictly speaking, this falls outside the purview of the CMS (which is concerned only with generating the correct HTML - something that it seems to be doing).

However, I'd like to find out as to what could be causing this behaviour.
Can you please try pasting in only the URL of the image in your mobile browser's address bar?
What does it show? Perhaps that'll yield some clue.
KK wrote: That is quite strange, cousin46.

Strictly speaking, this falls outside the purview of the CMS (which is concerned only with generating the correct HTML - something that it seems to be doing).

However, I'd like to find out as to what could be causing this behaviour.
Can you please try pasting in only the URL of the image in your mobile browser's address bar?
What does it show? Perhaps that'll yield some clue.

KK,
If I type in the direct URL to the image, my phone will show the image correctly. Like I said, this is why I am so confused. Everything is correct, and it theoredically should be working, but is not :(
I believe I fixed it. Apparently it was not displaying because it was in a table (I know, bad web design). I put the image within a div and it seems to be working fine.
Thanks for letting us know the fix, @cousin46 :)
8 posts Page 1 of 1