Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
I want to assume that upon running the Portable CouchCMS, your are actually running an independent server (by independent i mean, completely different from what u have running on your system-in my case Wamp!). please, correct me if im wrong!

My reasons are purely based on the fact that:
    i keep generating an error
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function bindtextdomain() in W:\www\locale.php on line 24 each time i try to run the cms on my wamp.
    I understand that the error merely means that php gettext is not installed (which am using for localization purposes).
    I have gettext installed on my wamp and it works perfectly-i have tried to install gettext on this 'independent server the same way i installed it on wamp but it didnt work.

My question is, how can i install php gettext on the independent server?
Hi,
The gettext extension is not used by Couch so usually its absence is not a problem.

your are actually running an independent server (by independent i mean, completely different from what u have running on your system-in my case Wamp!).
That is correct. It is a completely independent server.

how can i install php gettext on the independent server?
Usually enabling an extension requires only making a minor change to php.ini.
However, for this extension the DLL file implementing it does not come bundled with the installation. Hence additionally we'll also need to place the DLL within the server.

Please follow the following steps and you should be able to enable gettext -
1. Attached is a zip containing 'php_gettext.dll'. Extract the file and place it within 'UniServer\usr\local\php\extensions' folder of your server installation
2. Edit 'UniServer\usr\local\php\php.ini' file and uncomment (i.e. remove the leading ';' from the highlighted line -
extension=php_gd2.dll
;extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll

3. Finally, restart the server.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

Thanks a bunch!

Everything worked out perfectly!

I know this is not in-cooperated in Couch CMS, but is there a way that i am able to update/ manage .PO files with couch?
To further explain it; I am using gettext MSG ID'S and MSG STRINGS to switch between the website's page content and I am thus wondering if there is any way that couch can be able to recognize this content and by that be able to manage them?
I am sorry, kajoe14 but I don't have much experience with PO files.
Perhaps someone from our community who has this would like to chip in?
4 posts Page 1 of 1