Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi, I have a strange problem with my couch website: some of the content of my website only shows up when logged in into the admin area.

When logged out, some of the content on my page is showing up, but certain pages are just blank. (structure layout is there, it's just the content that's not there).
The admin area is fine, all the content is there.

Since I totally don't have a clue how this can resolved, I don't know where to look.
Someone has an idea or same experience?

Thanks!
Hi Sam,

Will have to take a look at your problem template's code to know what could be wrong.
Can you PM it to me please? (you'll have to zip it up before attaching).
I attached the files where I having this "no show" content problem when not logged in.
I also attached some snippet files who are included in the template.

I just looked into the files and I have a feeling that the problem has something to do with the way I have setup the language switch.

In the navigation (header.html) I have setup some links with the code below.
But for example "Home" I don't need two languages, and that word is showing up...

Code: Select all
<li>
<a class="active">Home</a>
</li>
<li>
<a href="index.php#nieuws">
<cms:if my_lang='nl'><cms:show 'Nieuws' /></cms:if>
<cms:if my_lang='fr'><cms:show 'Nouvelles' /></cms:if>
</a>
</li>

Thanks for looking into it!

Attachments

I think I can see the problem -
in your templates, you have embedded the 'lang_getter.html' (crucial for selecting the language to display) inside the cms:template tag as follows -
Code: Select all
<cms:template title='Accountancy' order='4'>

<cms:embed 'lang_getter.html' />
</cms:template>
Problem with this approach is that the cms:template tag executes only for super-admins. I think you can see what was happening.

Please move the <cms:embed 'lang_getter.html' /> line to outside the cms:template block and test if now things work as expected.
Wow that was indeed the problem.
Thank you so very much KK!
5 posts Page 1 of 1