Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
I have just had a message from my client telling me that their contact form has stopped working - this is a very busy time of year for them so for obvious reasons they really want it repaired as quickly as possible.
Sure enough I logged in to their email, sent a few test messages and nothing is coming through.
The template hasn't been changed, nothing has been edited (I am the only person with access to the main admin account or any of the site files) and it was working perfectly until the 10th of November!
Any ideas on what might have gone wrong here?
Thanks in advance!
Alex
Alex, if you are sure that nothing has changed on the template, the only remaining cause can be that the mail server of your host is refusing to send the mails.

I think you should contact your host about this.

Do let us know if there is something you reckon we could help with.
Thanks, I've been in contact with the host and they are looking in to the problem for me!
I just wanted to check that nothing could have gone wrong with the backend!
One last question - I don't seem to be having any joy getting the logfile to work, I have added logfile="email.text" to the cms:send_mail line as per the documentation, but no file seems to be generated.
Thanks for the quick response!
Alex
The log issue could be permission related - try creating a file named 'log.txt' in the site's root yourself and give it write permission. Does this help?
Random seeming question, chmod 664 or 666?
Cheers :)
So it turns out that the problem is that my webhost disabled mail() without any warning.
I noted the following lines in the config.php file:
I also tried the alternative mail function, this doesn't work either.
Code: Select all
    define( 'K_USE_ALTERNATIVE_MTA', 0 );

Can you suggest a way that I could implement an alternative method to send emails?
As it stands my client is now stuck without a contact form!
Their best suggestion is that they want to downgrade the account on to a server running php 5.2 with mail enabled.

Thanks
Alex
It think you should use PNPMailer as an alternative.
You'll find the following thread useful (the last post by Paolo shares the working code) - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8675

Hope this helps.
7 posts Page 1 of 1