Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Hey,

I have set up a site following your turorial. I have a portfolio section with different folders which is all working fine but when I set the folders up to be dynamic the show k_folder_title and show folder_desc no longer come up.

Its driving me slightly mad! I'm new to couch and php but I'm sure there is a simple explaination but I just can't find it!

This is the page (and pages related to it) that seem to be causing the problem:

http://www.zubeidarobertsartist.com/portfolio.php

I hope someone would possibly be able to shed a little light on it for me.

Thank you :D :D
Hi and welcome :)

Can you please post in the relevant portion of your code where you list the folders?

Thanks.
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I didn't know how much you needed so popped in the whole section. The folders that are listed are coming up fine, it's the ones that are created through the cms side that seem to be skipping the title.

Hope this helps :

<cms:template title='Portfolio' clonable='1' dynamic_folders='1'>
<cms:editable
name='content'
label='Content'
desc='Enterdescription here'
type='richtext' />

<cms:editable name='group_img1' label='First Image' desc='First Image' type='group' />
name='image_1'
label='Image 1'
desc='Upload image here'
crop='1'
width='500px'
group='group_img1'
type='image'
/>

name='thumb'
label='image thumbnail'
width='200px'
height='160px'
quality='80'
show_preview='1'
assoc_field='image_1'
group='group_img1'
type='thumbnail'
/>

name='image_1_title'
label='Image Title'
desc='Enter images\'s title here'
group='group_img1'
type='text'/>

<cms:folder name='cat_1' title='Silk Paintings' />
<cms:folder name='cat_2' title='Water Colours' />
<cms:folder name='cat_3' title='Cards' />

</cms:template>
Thanks but what you posted are the definitions. I am interested in seeing the code where you actually output the HTML - the place where the description doesn't show up.

Please PM me the full template and all associated snippets (you'll need to zip the files) and I'll find what I am looking for myself.

Thanks.
Thanks for the PM.

I had a look and the code that lists the folders is (essentially) this -
Code: Select all
<cms:folders masterpage='portfolio.php'>

<cms:pages masterpage='portfolio_desc.php' page_name=k_folder_name >
        <h4><cms:show k_folder_title /></h4>
        <span class="meta"><cms:show folder_blurb /></span>

<cms:show folder_desc />
    </cms:pages>

</cms:folders> 

As we can see, the 'k_folder_title ', 'folder_blurb' and 'folder_desc' variables are being shown within a nested cms:pages loop. The loop gets this data by finding a page from 'portfolio_desc.php' template the name of which is the same as the folder being listed.

If the variables are not being listed, it can only mean that there is no page in 'portfolio_desc.php' with the same name as the folder.

So, for example, if the dynamic folder you created is named 'test-folder' (mind you, this is the 'name' and not the 'title' - the title can contain spaces and gave capital letters), you'll have to go to 'portfolio_desc.php' section and create a cloned page with the 'name' (again, 'name' - not 'title') set to 'test-folder'.

Please make sure you are doing this.
If indeed you are doing this, then PM me the access creds to your site as I'll have to take a look at it first-hand to know what is going wrong.
A ha, A ha HA!

Yey!

It seems to be working now :lol:

So in effect I have to create a folder in my Portfolio categories then make the same folder in my Portfolio section with a dynamic folder, then add my page and it all shows up.

Is that right?

Well its working , but have I just gone around it in a really cack handed way?

Thanks for all your time and help, very much appreciated.
You are welcome :)
7 posts Page 1 of 1