Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
10 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi,
Please I am having problem using a couch tag in one of my development.
Whenever I add the tag, the page becomes unresponsive on webkit browsers.
This doesnt affect firefox. The same thing happens on my android phone and its getting me crazy.
This is the code that causes this problem

<cms:pages masterpage='movie.php' page_name="<cms:show movie_sequel" />

Please help!
Hi,

The code you posted has incorrect syntax. Is it the exact code you are using in the template?
If so, it could be a reason for the problem.

Existing:
<cms:pages masterpage='movie.php' page_name="<cms:show movie_sequel" />

Should be:
<cms:pages masterpage='movie.php' page_name="<cms:show movie_sequel />" >

If, however, the syntax error crept in while you copy/pasted the code in this thread, please attach your full template and I'll try it out on my machine to see if the problem can be duplicated.

Thanks.
Removed
OK, so I tested out your code (especially on Chrome) and everything worked just fine for me.

While this, of course, doesn't change the fact that you are indeed facing the problem you mentioned, there is something I'd like to discuss with you -

For argument's sake let us assume there is something genuinely wrong with the Couch tag you marked out and it is responsible for crashing the browser or making it unresponsive.

How could it possibly do this? The tag runs completely on the web-server. If something is wrong, it'd affect the server (e.g. cause the web-server to lockup or crash) and this will then show up on *all* browsers. Since this is not the case (Firefox, as you said, is fine), clearly this is not a server-side issue.

Which then leads us to suspect the HTML generated by the code.
I suggest you try the following two things -

1. Turn off JavaScript (Chrome has addons that do this e.g. 'Quick JavaScript switcher'). Does this make the page show up in Chrome?

2. Access the page in FireFox and save the generated source as a static HTML file. Place this static file on the server and access it via Chrome. If you still get the error, the problem lies in the markup somewhere.

Please let me know.
Finally, since your site is online please get me the FTP+Couch admin creds to it and I'll try to see if I can spot the problem (provided I get it on my browser).

Thanks.
Thanks so much for your support. I will try it now.
How may I send you the cred privately since the is a public post.
How may I send you the cred privately since the is a public post.
Please use the 'PM" button below this post to Privately Message me the creds.
1. Turn off JavaScript (Chrome has addons that do this e.g. 'Quick JavaScript switcher'). Does this make the page show up in Chrome?

You are right.
The page loads smoothly. Its a javascript problem.
Do you have any suggestion on what i can do to stop this from happening even with the javascript turned on?
Thanks for the creds.

As you have already found out, it was a JS error.
I copy/pasted the generated HTML in a static file (kk.html) in your site's root and tested out some changes.

It seems the class hilighted below is the culprit -
<div class="shorth-slider" id="first-panel">
<div class="bxslider 3-titles-wide">

<cms:pages masterpage='movie.php' page_name="<cms:show movie_sequel />">
I removed it and the page loads.

Please try and see it works for you.

Thanks.
:lol: :D yes it work. Thank you
Thank you so much. I'm grateful
I so proud of Couch
I had one other problems though but I have taken another alternative.
I created a php file for a global setting for adsence code.
The file contain some editable tags type='textarea'
Whenever I fill more than two boxes with the add code in the admin panel it return a 404 error and skipped my own 404 error page as well. it never corrected until I empty the third box.
But Like I said I have already removed the other boxes and left only two.
I had to hard code the codes directly on the file.

Thanks a looot.....
You are welcome :)
10 posts Page 1 of 1