Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
11 posts Page 1 of 2
Hello dear couch-users,

is there a way to make the simple image-uploader (editable/image) able to replace files? It's currently renaming the files due to the filename already existing.

Thanks in advance

Sundance
@Sundance:

You dont need to worry about deleting the unnecessary images. CouchCMS is designed in a way, that after a set time interval, CouchCMS automatically deletes the Image Files that are "UNUSED"

The Query has been replied to on this link:
http://www.couchcms.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=8530

And the quote is as below:

KK wrote:
Now my question is that how couch automatically detect and delete those 6nos. unnecessary files from couch/uploads/attachments folder?
Don't worry about the unused images, Subhamoy. Couch will automatically delete them after a set period. You don't have to do so manually.
where innovation meets technology
Thanks for your reply genxcoders,

but actually, my question is not about the "unused" files - i WANT to replace a file that is supposed to have the exact same filename, because another .html file is accessing it.

Is there a way to change the php uploader to overwrite the filename?

Thanks!
@genxcoders, you are right but that feature applies only to files uploaded using 'securefile' region.
In all probability, Sundance is referring to files uploaded using the normal file uploader (e.g. KCFinder)

@Sundance, I am afraid but that is how the file-managers that ship with Couch work - they won't overwrite an existing file. Rather they rename the new file adding a suffix to it. It works well for the majority of cases.
@Sundance: Ok! Well I have never come across such a stuff till now. :!:

@KK Sir: Got it Sir!!! :idea:
where innovation meets technology
@KK
I see.. is it possible to change this behaviour in the .php files somehow? Otherwise i guess i will have to use a regular FTP upload for my client!

Sundance
When I want to do this I simply delete the first image before replacing it with the new one. Am l missing something?
@tim

Well, of course you are right - but simply deleting the file is something you would need an ftp login for - from what i know, it can not be done within the uploader function of the couch cms.

And since i want to keep it user friendly, i was looking for a way to keep it all inside of couch.
from what i know, it can not be done within the uploader function of the couch cms.
Actually it can be done - please see the following:
KCFinder - a new filemanager (viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7712)
Sorry. I've been using the KCFinder so long now I forget it's not part of the standard distribution. Highly recommended. You can right-click on an image to delete it, among other things.
11 posts Page 1 of 2