Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
More or less a simple query I guess

When editing say an unordered list inside of CKEditor, how do you create a new line on the current list item without creating a brand new one (without going into the source for a non techy person, i know that seems kind of silly for something as simple as a paragraph and heading item)

Hi and welcome @gold2040,

Shift+Enter creates a line break.

http://docs.cksource.com/CKEditor_3.x/U ... _Shortcuts
Thanks cheeypoof (love the name by the way :mrgreen: )

I think I explained myself wrong mildly, I actually figured that shortcut out by accident but am wondering how to create a new element on a new line on the same list item (so create a standard ul list, put a H2 tag say as the first line, then put a paragraph tag on the second line, both being on the same LI item on the UL list).

Hope that makes sense or would that require going into source mode. Can't seem to grab the info from the docu
CKEditor allows you to insert an H2 or P tag inside an LI tag, but from what I understand, not both...

With that said, I was able to obtain the following on the demo site:
Code: Select all
<ul>
    <li>
        <div>
            <h2>Title</h2>

<p>Content</p>
        </div>
    </li>
</ul>
Insert a list. Change the 'Paragraph Format' to 'Heading 2'. Create a DIV container. Hit Enter to create a new paragraph.

I don't believe we include the Div Container Manager plugin by default though... The above steps are not very intuitive either.

You may want to take a look at shortcodes and CKEditor widgets to see if either could be helpful.
4 posts Page 1 of 1