Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
I am using the demo of the couch cart and have downloaded the files from the zipped up copy and then uploaded the files to my server. I have renamed the index page to products.php and added a couple of test products, but when I click add to cart, the screen darkens but the cart-modal window does not appear. The item is added to the cart so I know that the code is working, but I dont know what the modal doesnt show

here is the link to my test cart

http://www.dakardesign.com/bluecarrot/products.php

if you click add to cart you will see what I mean.

the only change I have made is to put the styles css below teh bootstrap css as the quantities and variants dropdowns did not work with the styles css declared first.

is there an obvious answer to why the modal is not appearing?
Hi,

In your renamed index.php (i.e. products.php), the line highlighted below is coming up blank (as seen in view-source).
<script type="text/javascript">
// Set global values for 'js/cart-modal.js' that follows
var cart_link = "<cms:link "<cms:pp_config 'tpl_ajax_cart' />" />";
var checkout_link = "<cms:pp_checkout_link />";
</script>

To fix that, please make sure the template-name provide on the following setting in 'addons/cart/config,php' is correct
Code: Select all
$pp['tpl_ajax_cart'] = 'cart-modal.php';

Hope this helps.
thanks for your reply, I have checked the config file and the setting is correct, but what does come up is that I have changed my other settings from USD to GBP and the currency symbol but niether are showing up on the products page, which says to me that the config page is not being accessed

any clues?
The dollar sign is hard-coded on some of the sample templates. You can fix this with a find and replace ($ -> £).

I think the issue you are having with the modal is related to your replacement Bootstrap CSS.
yes there is something in that as I created a new shopping cart in a sub folder and it worked perfectly. its not the bootstrap.css as i replaced the one on the server with the one from the download and it still didnt work, but it must be something similar
5 posts Page 1 of 1