Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
I am trying to setup PayPal on my site, and everything works as intended. CouchCMS manages to send to product name, price etc. to PayPal, however the paypal_processor tag isn't working, or at least i cannot generete a debug logfile.

I've tried specifying the processor location on the paypal_button (which is the same template as the button, the checkout page), and i have made sure to create a file called logfile.txt on my server with the right permissons, however I am still not recieving any form of information through the processor.

Furthermore, when the paypal_button is pressed, the following error report gets generated by Google Chrome:
bugreport.PNG
Google Chrome error report
bugreport.PNG (49.76 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

Anyone who is able to help me? - thanks in advance
Hello lasselupe33,

Not sure about the error stack (seeing it for the first time) but that shouldn't be a problem since, as you reported, the form is getting submitted and you can see the data transferred to PayPal site.

Let us take it up from the PayPal site.
Assuming the visitor completes the payment, PayPal will callback (via IPN) your template that has the cms:paypal_processor tag.

This seems not to be happening.
One reason could be the template is unreachable for the Internet (I do hope you are not testing from the localhost).

If that is not the case, please do a Google search for 'Test IPN listener' and you should get the links for IPN tester/simulator provided by PayPal.
Use it to send IPN notifications to your template and you should see what the problem is.

Hope this helps.
Hey KK, I'll just bring this topic back up again after a long while..

I've tried doing everything i could possibly think of.
First of all, disregard the first message, the error stack was from an extension :)
But anyways, back to the topic at hand, I've tried testing the <cms:paypal_processor/> tag on almost every template, one at a time of course, but with no success (of course making sure that the site is online and accessible).

I've also tried a PHP IPN-handler i found online, which i could confirm working through the paypal IPN simulator, but this isn't fulfilling my demands, since i require the use of couch tags.

So, do you have any idea why the couch paypal processor tags isn't recieving the IPN-notification/not working, and hopefully, what to do? :)

Thanks in advance
Lasse
Lasse,

why the couch paypal processor tags isn't recieving the IPN-notification/not working

These are two separate issues -
1. IPN not reaching the template that has the paypal processor
2. IPN reaching but the paypal processor not processing it as expected

To make sure point 1 is not the case, place
<cms:log "IPN received" />
immediately above the cms:paypal_processor tag.

Access your template yourself to make sure the message is being logged in 'log.txt' in your site's root (else try creating a 'log.txt' in root manually and give it write permission).

Now use IPN simulator and then take a look at log.txt to see if it shows 'IPN received'.

If not, you'll have to debug why your template is unreachable to the simulator while the script you mentioned is not.

If, however, the template was accessed by IPN but the processor did not process it, add the following to the tag
<cms:paypal_processor debug='1' />

Use IPN simulator again and see what is being logged by the processor. That'll give you a clue about the problem.

That is all that I can think of.
Hope it helps.
That unfortunately didn't do the trick for me :/

I've verified that the template surely is recieving the IPN, through the method you mentioned, but that's it.
The addition of the debug tag didn't give me any help whatsoever, even though i made sure it had the possibilty to write a logfile, which i had created beforehand with the required permissions.

This is the code i have:
Code: Select all
<?php require_once 'admin/cms.php'; ?>
<cms:template title='PayPal' order='100000000' hidden='1'/>
<cms:log "IPN received"/>
<cms:paypal_processor debug='1' logfile='paypal.log' />
<?php COUCH::invoke(); ?>

So, the deal is that i do not recieve anything from the paypal_processor tag when running the IPN-simulator, even when debug is enabled, no files are written..
But well, if you do not have any solutions at hand, I can try to work up another workaround for this instead :)

Nevertheless, thanks for your support!
One last try, Lasse -

Please add the following querystring parameter to the template's URL and then use it with IPN simulator -
paypal_ipn=1

e.g. if your template's URL is
http://www.yoursite.com/ipn.php
make it
http://www.yoursite.com/ipn.php?paypal_ipn=1

Please let me know if you get something in the log now.

Thanks
This actually worked! Now i am definitely recieving something, even though it says that the IPN is invalid in the logfile.. but that isn't relevant for now i think, that I'll try to work out myself :) (I guess that is because of the fact that it is a simulator?)

oh and as an extra note, I had to use an '?' instead of '&' e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/paypal.php?paypal_ipn=1
oh and as an extra note, I had to use an '?' instead of '&' e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/paypal.php?paypal_ipn=1
Sorry about that - Must be sleepy :)
Have rectified my original post.
8 posts Page 1 of 1