Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, right now i have a page named rooms.php, and inside it differents rooms as nested pages. Its working fine with the urls (rooms.php?p=1, rooms.php?p=2, etc) but when i go to rooms.php, as i thought its showing a blank page :roll: . I wonder if its posible to show the first room as default when going to the "parent page" so when i go to rooms.php i get rooms.php?p=1. obviously in a dynamic way, i dont want to hardcode urls.

Thank you!! :D :D
Hi,

As you'd have figured from the docs, the blank page is the 'list-view' (as opposed to the 'page-views' of the individual pages).

Please try the following (keep it somewhere at the top of your code )-
Code: Select all
<cms:if k_is_list>
    <cms:nested_pages masterpage='rooms.php'>
        <cms:redirect k_nestedpage_link />
    </cms:nested_pages>
</cms:if>

In the code above, notice how we are handling the 'list-view'. We loop through the nested-pages and redirect to the first page that is fetched - which is what you desired.

Hope this helps.
Great KK!! Thank you, it works great :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Hi KK, right now my menu is showing the names of the nested pages but i was asked to show room1, room2, room3, etc instead. Is it possible?

Hi,

If you click the 'Advanced settings' (top-right on edit page), you'll find a textbox where you can specify text to be used for the menu. Please try using that.

Does it help? Please let me know.
Yeah, i didnt see that :oops: :oops: . Thanks for the fast reply!! :D :D
6 posts Page 1 of 1