Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Okay i want to clean up my website. However i still want to show them via the CMS Query. Everything gets posted as a clone page and shown using the Query. However I'm having trouble getting some things working, and if its possible to-do

Within the clone section i have dynamic folders set. They are then placed into a folder they should ie. Formula 1. Now i want to show 3 more posts as ''Relation'' bellow one of the original posts. I've got an example of what i mean bellow. I have done two extra custom selections called relation and section, so another fold for each one to be related to if set as relation.

related.jpg
related.jpg (226.07 KiB) Viewed 2321 times

Can this be done or is there another way to make the posts work like this. When set as a related posts, they shouldnt be shown in the normal newsfeed section.
Hi Simon,

I recall I had advised you to use cms:query (instead of the staple cms:pages) because the requirement was to show pages from multiple templates.

If this question is with regards to the same use-case, I think it'd be difficult to bring 'folders' into the mix as there are multiple templates to contend with.
Thanks for your respons KK.

Lets say i don't use that feature (cms:query) and only show one template only. ie News.php how would you go around solving this problem?

It would make viewing our website with ease and make things much more smarter. I wanted to still really use it as showing by date of post. unless related.

ive got the dynamic folders set, then a custom folder called related
Ok Simon, so how are the posts related?
By 'folders' (i.e the main post and the 3 related posts belonging to the same folder)?
Or will you use the 'relations' feature to explicitly relate them?
KK wrote: Ok Simon, so how are the posts related?
By 'folders' (i.e the main post and the 3 related posts belonging to the same folder)?

Right. Each post is posted and placed under a folder, so lets say i make a post about F1 and then place it in a folder called formula-1. Now that'll show like in the image example as a normal post. However lets say i have a custom_field called related then this post will show as a related post like above. Only showing around 3 of them related. if its not set as related then it'll show as normal.

Now what i cant get my head around is that i want it to show with a post, like above within the folder called formula one. However if its a different folder called football when i place it within the folder and then place into custom field related it wont show under a football post.

So maybe i could have another custom field so that would then allow me to set it as related then the folder or related post it could be. is this to complex.
SimonRLM wrote:
KK wrote: Ok Simon, so how are the posts related?

Right. Each post is posted and placed under a folder, so lets say i make a post about F1 and then place it in a folder called formula-1. Now that'll show like in the image example as a normal post. However lets say i have a custom_field called related then this post will show as a related post like above. Only showing around 3 of them related. if its not set as related then it'll show as normal.

Now what i cant get my head around is that i want it to show with a post, like above within the folder called formula one. However if its a different folder called football when i place it within the folder and then place into custom field related it wont show under a football post.

So maybe i could have another custom field so that would then allow me to set it as related then the folder or related post it could be. is this to complex.

Any updates on this KK, or am i asking too much? :lol: It can be done quite easily through a normal formatted website. However i am using masonry jquery (grid layout) You can see the redesign page here for how its setout.

http://tsmsport.co.uk/redesign/new_design14.php

edited - How i want this to layout.

I want it as a Masory gird layout showing posts by date posted. So to list each post as they are posted by date. The posts will be from one cloned page. The related posts will be related to the folder name so ie, a post about F1 Will go under a F1 Post. Some posts i want are not related so it'll post as a normal.
It is not entirely straightforward, Simon.
Please give me this weekend to think about the options/alternatives.

KK wrote: It is not entirely straightforward, Simon.
Please give me this weekend to think about the options/alternatives.

Thats not a problem KK. I can understand this is alittle more complex than normal.

Thankyou for your support throughout my stay. Its been appreciated greatly.
8 posts Page 1 of 1