Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
No code, because this is purely theoretical and I'm trying to be lazy when making my sitemap. ;)

Say, as an example, that you have your "Index" page - clonable, nested - and then a "Locations" template - clonable, nested.

The Locations nest looks something like

|Locations
|
|-Location 1
| |
| |-Department 1
| | |
| | |-Subdepartment 1
| | |
| | |-Subdepartment 2
| |
| |- Department 2
| | |
| | |-Subdepartment 3

...etc, for several locations, each with 2-3 departments and subdepartments.

On the Index nesting map, it looks like:

| Index
|
| Locations
|
| Other thing

...etc., where "Locations" points to the main template for the nested Locations page.

On the "Index" map, is it possible to access all the locations, departments, subdepartments, for the "Locations" with a <cms:menu masterpage="index.php" /> command without specifying each and every one with a pointer page? If not, is there a way to do so from <cms:nested_pages masterpage="index.php">?
Hi,

Just like cms:pages, you can nest cms:nested_pages tag as well.

Create an outer cms:nested_pages loop for 'index.php' and at the point where it lists location, use another cms:nested_pages loop for locations.php to display all data in full.

Does this help?
@KK

Yes, that does. I'll give it a shot and see if I can manage to generate my menu properly - though I have a feeling simple code and laborious map creation might be easier than nesting the nested_pages so it generates the sections correctly.
3 posts Page 1 of 1