Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
i need to integrate the couch cms in a muse project.
Everything seems fine except for 2 situations.

1. news archive
I need a news (archive) that shows only a specific type of news.
example
newsitem 1: category 1 & category 2
newsitem 2: category 1 & category 3

i have a specific page that only shows all the newsitems of category 1.
Besides that, i have a specific page for shoming the archive of category 2 - newsitems.

2. possibility to post vacancies
Can i use linked page to publish vacancies instead of news (read: blog) items?
Hi,

There are two distinct facets to consider when we use the archiving feature -

1. Creating a list of time-periods (year, months or days) that have any published page within them e.g.
Oct, 2014
May, 2014
Dec, 2013
This is done using the cms:archives tag.
Each entry has a URL that is of 'archive-view' format e.g. http://www.yoursite.com/blog/2014/07/

2. Implementing the 'archive-view' pointed to by the list above to actually show the pages that are present in that period. This is done by cms:pages tag (please see docs http://www.couchcms.com/docs/concepts/u ... hives.html for details).

Replying to your first question where you want to add 'folders' (categories) to the mix, the point 1 above will not support that. However, point 2 can easily be given the new constrain by adding a 'folder' parameter to cms:pages.

So, we can list pages from a particular period that also belong to particular folder(s), however there is no out-of-the box way to show the periods that have pages from a particular folder.

As for your second question -
2. possibility to post vacancies
Can i use linked page to publish vacancies instead of news (read: blog) items?
I am not sure if I understood it right, but Couch makes no difference between, for example. blog posts, news items or vacancies. Those are all cloned pages of their respective templates.
So, to publish vacancies, use a template, define all editable regions that you'd want in a vacancy and you are set to go.

Hope this answers your queries.
Thanks.
2 posts Page 1 of 1