Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Hi KK,

I run into a small problem, (again). I add one link exchange software to one of my site, but it seems that couch interfere with the include() command.

I call:
<?php include('/home/xxxx/public_html/xxxxxxx.com/links/display.php'); ?>
and I get:
Could not successfully run query: Table 'painting_linksh.couch_settings' doesn't exist

The script was installed properly, and when I run it without Couch, it works as it should.
I tried other solutions, but since include() only accept relative path, there's not much I can do.

Any idea? Did I miss something?

Cheers,
Paolo E.
Paolo,

Couch, as of course you know, is supposed to be retrofiitted within static HTML sites.
Once we try to integrate it with another dynamic script, all bets are off.

The result might or might not be to your liking as we now have two separate PHP scripts in the same space that are likely to step on one another toes.

From the error message you mentioned it seems your included script is setting up a database connection of its own and that is tripping off Couch.

This can only be resolved by taking a look at the script's code.
If you wish you can send me the code and I'll see if it can be made to co-exist with Couch but cannot promise if this would be doable.

Thanks
ok, good to know.

Don't bother, I'll make a link exchange soft with couch. I just found one good and light reciprocal link checking script, I'll do it from there.

Continue working on 1.4.5, it's more important !!! Coming soon I hope...

Cheers,
Paolo E.

PS: I don;t know why I'm signing all the time, my name's on the login. Force of the habit I guess...
OK, thanks :)
4 posts Page 1 of 1