Problems, need help? Have a tip or advice? Post it here.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Hello, I'm working on implementing the Couch shopping cart feature into a clients website. So far so good.

My client sells karate-gis and accessories. Some of these products can be printed with a name or other text. On the product-detail page, the visitor is asked to provide a text/name, but also text-type and text color. Would it be possible to easily group these three options into one? So that when, for example, a visitor doesn't select a 'Add text to product' checkbox button the three mentioned options are not being produced and transferred to the Cart and PP?

See attached image.

Hope this makes sense. Many thanks!

Attachments

Hi,

I take that the 'text type' and 'text color' have been declared as product options.
That'd make it difficult to skip any of them else Couch will think something has gone wrong in POST submission and will ignore the product completely.

As an alternative perhaps you can declare 'two' separate products - with text and without text. The one with text would have a greater price and the additional option of text type and color?
Possible?
Hi, thanks for the reply.

Text/text-color/text-type have indeed been declared as product options:

Code: Select all
Name/Text (+€20)[*TEXT*=20]
Text type  [English|Katakana]**
Text color [Gold|Silver|White|Blue|Green|Red|Orange|Purple|Pink]

Perhaps it's possible to modify the Cart to see if anything was entered in the 'Name/text' field, and display the other options accordingly? I would like to prevent splitting them into different products.

Thanks.
3 posts Page 1 of 1